Hooked!!!

mackjash

Just went to Barber for an intro day and it was great!! I just bought a new Harley XR1200 which is a great bike, but I will need a little more motor, so going to look at an Buell 1125R on Saturday.

NESBA CR where professional and helpful, great event look forward to many more.

Met a bunch of great folks too! Keep the rubber side down.

Mack

mackjash

Going to the Ed Bargey school in October at Road Atlanta, If I cant work out a deal on the 1125R I will just keep the XR and ride the hell out of it. It really is a great bike I hate to part with it but if I want to be competitive I will have to up the anti.

Mack

Amac955

Welcome to the addiction! If you are looking for a track specific bike, you might check out the classifieds here or on wera.com or any of the other racing boards.

Unless you have your heart set on Milwaukee iron, you can easily buy a fully race prepped, nicely equipped track bike for the $2500-4500 range, depending on what you are looking for. If you like V-twins, I might suggest an SV650. Many racers and CRs will recommend the SV as it is a great bike to learn on but still has quite a bit more potential than most will acknowledge. They are cheap, spares are plentiful on ebay and there is a TON of knowledge out there on how to set them up.

No matter what bike you end up with, forget about horsepower and look for a bike with good suspension. Clipons and rearsets are very desireable as well. After that, everything else is gravy.

Good luck!

mackjash

Thank,s for the info, Just found a new 2007 Buell XB12R, worked dealer down to $5600.00, I know the engine well and these bikes handle well. I figure this will be a good bike to learn on and I can move up later. It also has a lot of accessories out their to fine tune them. May not be as fast on the top but hard to beat down low and in the curves. A 2year unlimited miles warranty is not bad either.

Mack