How about a NESBA “Track Days Extravaganza”

mperussault

Here is an idea (that may have come up before) for you NESBA Directors to think about: how about a NESBA “Track Days Extravaganza”. The concept would be where you would set up the track days calendar so that riders could take a 1 or 2 weeks vacation and hit the tracks almost non stop.

Example would be something like this. The only risk to NESBA is that this would require some middle of the week track days that may have low attendance:

Sat - Drive time to get there
Sun- Thunderbolt
Mon - Lightning
Tues – Drive time & R&R
Wed - Summit Main
Thurs. – Drive time & R&R
Fri.- VIR South
Sat – VIR North
Sun - VIR Full
Mon – Drive time & R&R
Tues – CMP
Wed- – Drive time & R&R
Thursday - Road Atlanta
Friday – Talladega GP
Sat - Barber
Sun – Drive back wherever you came from
10 different tracks in a 2 weeks period would be a very interesting offer to any track day fanatic.

You could ask people to pre-register for the whole “Extravaganza” way in advance by giving them some kind of $ % discount.

Then if the thing works out, the next year you could make a deal with Yamaha to have bikes available for rent for all the West Coast people that would want to fly in and Euros / Australians etc. that would definitely make a vacation trip out of it. Potentially could partner with some of the Euro track days clubs to get some riders over and see if they would do the same in Europe where NESBA riders could hit Le Mans, Jerez, Valencia etc.

Every year you could change and / or add a region and have a Mid-West Extravaganza. ( I guess we will not see a California Extravaganza soon form NESBA ).

The reason I am bringing this up is that I love to try different tracks and every year I try to go to two new tracks. (done 13 so far in 3 years) This year I did Laguna Seca and will do NJMP soon. Next year I am doing Miller plus another one TBD. I kind of assume that others have the same kind of interest / or may be not?

You have to dream big to get big. Just something to think about.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
I like the idea and thought it would be great to go west and end at Miller in Utah while hitting tracks and other touristy areas for the family

jaminR6

:agree: I like the idea, I just think three days in a row is a lot. I tried it once was tried as sh$%. I'll probably do it again but If you are doing to weeks straight:box:. I am thinking of pacing myself( and I'm 21). I can see two days in a row. but, I still love the Idea. I would also like to hit the western and southern tracks

Mike here to you :cheers:

Heeth

wow that is a good idea. i would definetly need to condition my body good for that many consecutive track days. id also have to take a small loan or up the credit limit :doh:

mperussault

It does not have to be 2 weeks. I was just trying to get the idea out to get a calendar that would permit such track days "vacation". (5 track day per week or 10 over 2 weeks)

If you look carefully it could be 1 or 2 weks:

Week 1:

Sat - Drive time to get there
Sun- Thunderbolt
Mon - Lightning
Tues – Drive time & R&R
Wed - Summit Main
Thurs. – Drive time & R&R
Fri.- VIR South
Sat – VIR North

Can bail out now and go home or go on to week 2, or someone new could start their week 1 here, or could even have a 1 week break in between the 2.

Week 2:
Sun - VIR Full
Mon – Drive time & R&R
Tues – CMP
Wed- – Drive time & R&R
Thursday - Road Atlanta
Friday – Talladega GP
Sat - Barber

There are many other combinations that could be accomodated. A 1 week extravaganza in 2009 sure would be a nice start. And that would drive the SBTT and TP guys crazy!!!! Could send a nice color "Nesab Extravaganza Flyer" to the Mid-Ohio track owners too!

jaminR6

I didn't think I would ever see this sheep that the CRs keep talking about.:haha: No one said that he was a multi-tasker.:saythat: