How strict are the tech inspections?

fiedler55

Ive never been to a track day and really want to begin going but i have a few questions.

1-Mechanically my bike is fine. No issues with motor, leaks, chain but my fairings are in rough shape. They are currently secured with some zip ties, will this de-qualify me from being allowed on the track?

2- For my first track day should I rent leathers or should I just buy a set?

bmart

Control Rider
The CRs follow the rules in the rider manual. Have you reviewed that? We do this in an effort to keep all riders safe.

If your bodywork is secure, the means won't matter much. It should not move around and should not interfere with the operation of the motorcycle.

I have zip ties on mine where the mounting holes don't match, for instance, but there are bolts holding the rest of it on.

Whether you buy or rent, get something of quality. Low quality gear grenades in a crash...and we don't want that. Frequently, someone on the forum has a used set for cheap, or cheap rental. Additionally, you'll want the same in a helmet, gloves, boots, etc.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Here's a quick link to the manual Brad mentioned: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/N2-Riders-Manual_v2.0.6.pdf

Refer to page 17:

Bodywork
1. Bike numbers can be displayed either on the front or sides of the tail section, or on both; at least 6 inches high with no special background required (Intro excluded)
2. Clean and secure, with no loose parts, bolts, or fasteners
3. Fairing and windshield solidly secured, if applicable
4. Tank secure, no leaks
5. Seat secure 6. Fender secure (not required)
7. All lights and reflectors removed or taped over with masking, electrical, or plastic‐type tape or covers (Intro excluded)
8. Mirrors removed (Intro excluded)
9. Belly pans secure (not required, but strongly recommended)

While it isn't mandatory in Novice/Intermediate, it would behoove you to safety wire your oil fill cap, filter and drain bolt. It's such an easy thing to do, and really could make a difference when we're all out there sharing the track.