Intro Group?

geckert

Hi i was wondering about the Intro group. From what I have read in the Riders Manual and on the website it seems like I can just show up at the event and get into the Intro group if there is room. Does the Intro group work like this or must I register/sign up somewhere? If i must sign up where can I do so? I was unable to find any info on this. I am going to become a member but i want to do a free Intro ride before i do a full TD. Thanks for any info.
Gerald

beac83

You have to create an account at NESBA.COM and then when you go to sign up for the day, you should be able to choose INTRO as the group.

As long as spots are available in Beginner, you should be able to just show up. You have to have proper personal protective gear for Beginner class to ride. But pre-registering insures you of a spot.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
You have to register for the Intro group. From the main page, look in the lower right, you'll see "free orientation" in red letters, and below it, you'll see red letters that say "learn more'. Click on that and it'll take you to the page to register for the intro group.

If, after completing the 2 Intro sessions, you want to stay for the day, you can as long as the Beginner group isn't sold out. I think they sometimes hold a couple of spots for Intro riders, but just be aware it may be sold out. Also, if you stay for the rest of the day, you'll have to prep your bike. All the details of what's needed are in the riders manual, which can be downloaded from this site.

Welcome!

geckert

Thanks alot! I didnt even think of looking at register because I havnt became a full member yet. Ill have to check my calander and see when there is one close and available!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Oops, on the main page, I meant lower right, I'll go edit that. Pre-coffee, that's my excuse! :doh:

Intro fills up quickly, so don't delay!

rk97

geckert;50843 wrote: close and available!
"close" is a very relative term when dealing with race tracks :) I consider anything within 6 hours "close" now.

It looks like you're pretty close to NJMP, but BeaveRun is this weekend. shouldn't be more than a tank of gas to get there. Lots of people come from Philadelphia. great track. and yes, i am biased because i did my first TD there. but NJMP will just spoil you if that's your first outing!

JeremyGSU

Hello, I have recently become a Nesba member but never done a track day with them. Does this mean I could not sign up as an intro rider because I already paid the $75? I'm going to be in Atl for Memorial weekend and was considering trying out this intro rider group if there were slots available.