Leather Fitment

MBH328

I'm shopping for a one-piece suit, and need some help on fitment. I'm short (5'3"), stocky (~155 lbs), and looking for manufacturers that tend to cut their suits wider than the typical European-cut style. I rented a Teknic Violator (size 42) at Summit Point last weekend, and it seemed to fit pretty well. Are there any other brands that tend to run wide? A salesman at Kneedraggers.com recommended Alpinestars.

I've been considering the following makes:

RS Taichi
MotoGP
Alpinestars
Teknic
Fieldsheer
Spidi

Can anyone comment on whether any of these are particularly slender or wide?

Meat

From my experience Alpinestars does NOT run wide. They run a bit small. I have there largest race replica suit and it is all I can do to get my calves and thighs into it. I also have small rips on the bottom of the neck where the upper chest/back/shoulder area is too small....I am just over 5' 10" and weigh 265. I know a few guys with Komodo and they are made a little fuller (not just wide). Komodo will probably make my next suit. They only make race gear and it is of very high quality with safety of the upmost importance.

Komodo is also an American company based out of the DFW area.

Meat

And be very careful with kneedraggers. Just because their website says that the product will ship in 3 to 5 days doesn't mean it will ship within the next MONTH!! I waited many months on a pair of boots that had a shipping date of 3 to 5 days....and it never changed.

I am very much into customer service, even if it costs a little more. I won't be dealing with Kneedraggers again.

MBH328

@Meat: Thanks for the input about A*'s. I thought it was strange for KD.com to suggest that an Italian suit runs wide, since typically the opposite is true. I'm really leaning towards the Teknic Xcelerator after wearing that Violator last weekend. Though, the RS Taichis look pretty nice, too. Does anyone have experience with these suits with respect to fit?

I've had both good and bad experience with KD.com. If they have a part in stock, it gets to me fast since they're just up in Deleware, but they arent' the best at letting you know when something is out of stock or back-ordered.