Let's talk hole shot...

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
ceptorman;298665 wrote: All you need to do is hold the throttle all the way open until the red limiter kicks in, you know that technique that the squids already have down, then instantly pop the clutch, and just deal with it:D
Bill, you make it sound too easy…:cool:

TurboBlew

bjwallen;298662 wrote: I...
My dyno chart indicates that my bike begins to make substantial torque at 5,000 RPM. It continues to produce increased torque up to about 11,500 RPM at peak. Then, it gradually tapers off. The difference in torque in that range is about 12 foot pounds. So, I know that launching in that 5k - 11.5k RPM range is good. Anything below 5k and above 11.5k is a waste. The higher in that 5k - 11.5k RPM range I can launch, the more torque I will have available at the rear tire. I recommend making an indication on the tachometer with a paint pen so that your peak-torque RPM is easily located.

Um what kinda motor do you have that gives you that much of a range for peak torque? You must have one of those custom built moto gee pee engines with a 6,500 rpm (insert color here) power band that starts at 5,000 rpm. And if you have a large bore v twin turning 11,500... well thats pretty impressive.

bjwallen

TurboBlew;298755 wrote: Um what kinda motor do you have that gives you that much of a range for peak torque? You must have one of those custom built moto gee pee engines with a 6,500 rpm (insert color here) power band that starts at 5,000 rpm. And if you have a large bore v twin turning 11,500... well thats pretty impressive.
  • - Stock engine
  • - Stock gearing
  • - PCV- Leo Vince full system- K&N air filter- For any Midwest folks, the bike was tuned by Mark Harrel. He tunes bikes for 4-time AMA ProStar Pro Streetbike National Champion, Ken Stotz, and other folks.
Thumbnail is small. Try here.

TurboBlew

bjwallen;298811 wrote:
  • - Stock engine
  • - Stock gearing
  • - PCV- Leo Vince full system- K&N air filter- For any Midwest folks, the bike was tuned by Mark Harrel. He tunes bikes for 4-time AMA ProStar Pro Streetbike National Champion, Ken Stotz, and other folks.
ok enough name dropping. Its KENT btw. And yes I know him & his son Frankie.

You have a 600cc engine that makes maybe ~45lb ft on the most generous of dynos and makes it at 11,000 rpm ...not 6500. In terms of usable or peak torque... you got nothing for nobody.
Best 60' short time I could manage on my r6 is a 1.61. Im 200 lbs in leathers.
Thats leaving at 11,000 rpm where my bike makes about 44lb ft.