Lighttech chain adjusters and lifters.. any experience

physicistkev

Control Rider
The left side swingarm spool was elegantly removed by a previous owner. I have found this rather annoying as the perfect place to use a generic PitBull stand is right where the spool mounts are. Rather than have to take my bike to a welder and then drill and tap a new spool mount, I found the lighttech chain adjusters. They have a little lifter mechanism that can mount on to the adjusters. They are apparently common on WSBK bikes. That's great and all, but I'm not going to buy something just because its in WSBK.

Does anyone have any experience with these? They are kind of pricey, $275-$300 for the adjusters and another $55 for the lifter. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
They are awesome! On the GSXR it makes it easier to do rear wheel changes and easier to lift if you have the lifters. With that said You can find a swing arm that has both spools for under $100 shipped (I have a few, sorry for the plug lol)

noobinacan

Kevin
don't waste your time with chain adjusters.
get the rear quick change and be done with it...the convenience of a QC will pay for itself after a season.
I now find myself using older rubber for warm up and putting fresh rubber on different compound on in the afternoon..because QC makes it that easy to do.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
noobinacan;295293 wrote: Kevin
don't waste your time with chain adjusters.
get the rear quick change and be done with it...the convenience of a QC will pay for itself after a season.
I now find myself using older rubber for warm up and putting fresh rubber on different compound on in the afternoon..because QC makes it that easy to do.
Well aren't WE the cats meow Mr. Fancy Pants!!!! :D

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I had a broken spool on my 750's swingarm and used Gilles chain adjusters with their GP extensions after that. You have to get spooled mounts from Pit Bull to adapt your stand to the Gilles Adjusters, but I REALLY liked that setup.

But Kevin, why aren't you just getting a new spool mount or mounts welded to your swingarm? That's probably the most inexpensive way (Note I didn't say cheap) to go.

noobinacan

I blame all of you collectively for pushing me into this situation :eek: :adore:
used to be a normal nice guy with a open trailer and stock bodywork.

Kevin, the QC is made by fast frank, but I'd contact Chuck :D

noobinacan;295300 wrote: I blame all of you collectively for pushing me into this situation :eek: :adore:
used to be a normal nice guy with a open trailer and stock bodywork.

Kevin, the QC is made by fast frank, but I'd contact Chuck :D
I like the way you think Aman!!!! It's all the peer pressure that has turned me into a maniacal spendthrift. It's absolutely not my fault.:D

Shenanigans

I had a broken spool on my bike, Kent a GMD Atl welded a new one on. Haven't had any problem out of it. Iirc, Vortex made the replacement part.

physicistkev

Control Rider
My problem with welding is 2 fold.

1. The cost in the local area for someone to weld on aluminum is going to set me back $100+ (from the 2 I have talked to) and that doesn't include drilling/tapping the new mount.

2. It is less than convenient for me to get it to a local welder. Pulling the trailer out, getting the bike on the trailer, getting it to the welder... (I know, bitch bitch bitch)

I hadn't really thought of replacing the swingarm as I thought the price would be significant, but considering Emerson's post, I may go that route. There are extra costs, as I would need to get a special tool to remove the locking collar on the right side of the swingarm pivot shaft. Not horrendous, but ~$40 from eBay. On the plus side, I could probably get a few dollars for the swingarm with the broken spool, or take my time and get it fixed at my leisure and then sell it. With the swingarm off of the bike, it makes it easier to get it fixed as its far more portable without the rest of the bike attached.

And then there's the big problem.... my cheap ass.

:banghead:

After a beer and taking a look at the bike and the stand, I was able to grind parts of the vertical tabs on the rear stand to a point where the axle is accessible and can be removed without significant hassle. This was the main driver for fixing the spool mount. I have to be honest, I would rather get a new spring for the rear shock and start saving for the suspension upgrades at the end of next season and deal with using a less than optimal, yet functional, rear stand setup. If it gets to be to much to deal with, I will probably opt for replacing the swingarm.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kneedraggin101

I have a few pairs of the adjusters and I quite enjoy them...

Also you can just put a normal spool on the adjusters so you can run a regular stand... Done that a few times when I didn't have lifters.

Sent from stfu