Military NOOB NJ

tattsailor

Members.

I am a noob origianlly from South Joisey, active Military and soon to visit the Family in NJ. I have been riding many differnt bikes since 2001 (Ducati, Buell, HD, Triumph) and have never set foot on a track.

I am interested in the Intro at NJMP on 15 May. Anyone else plan on attending? or interested in giving advice and or taking me under your wing?

Secondly, I wanted to attend Keith Code's course in NJ but it was fully booked. Going to VIR instead, for the 2 day course.

Any advice folks?

TATTS

SHADER

Intro on the 5/15

Hey

i'll be there doing my first intro.sorry no advice to give .but i can say
this seems like the group to start rack days with.i went down a couple
of weeks ago to observe the morning routine.i watched tech inspection,
attended the riders meeting and beginners meeting.nesba is very organized,
no guess work here.talked with a few people ,lots of good info and very nice .i'm still a bit nervous but seeing that and talking too the other
riders made a big difference.its not racing,no pressure,just ride,learn and
enjoy.if you can get in ,sign up i posted for other intro guys on that day
but no one replied .it be nice to know i won't be the only new guy there on
the 15th.got to go so hopefully see u there .let me know if you decide to go.

Take care
be safe

1literduceater

My advice (sorry to say it this way) dont waste your time with the intro. Sign up for the whole entire day. You will have a blast with the two intro sessions you will be ticked you cant ride the rest of the day. Cruise the forums. Dont be a afraid to ask but do us all a favor and do the research first. Trust me its there!

Bring deep pockets - have an open mind - walk the pits and introduce/question/chit chat and you will be fine.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service to this great country!

tattsailor

1liter can I do this? Show up for intro and if I want to ride the rest of the day, I can pay? Why can't u ride the rest of the day?

I plan on coming on my street bike so I should take it easy anyhow.

Unlike most of you, I dont have the support system with me. My truck is overseas, I am riding on my only form of Transport when I am home visiting the Parents. Although they might follow me up to the track with tools and ect. I dont think they will want to stay and hang all day.

I think the Intro will be a fun "TEASE" and I mentioned before, I am going to Keith Code's a few weeks later. All of it will be fun.

TATTS

If you plan on going keep a look out for me. 2002 Triumph Daytona 955i "Red"

Nice to meet you and thanks for the advice.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
If there's spots available you can sign up and stay the rest of the day, but often times it's full. If you did stay, you'd have to do some bike prep.

Welcome! I won't be there on the 15th, but I'll be there the next two days!

BobbyG

Tatts, welcome from another servicemember. Yes, like everyone else said, you will want to stay the rest of the day. Shoot me an email or post up if you have any questions on anything. I will be the director for the weekend, so it will be easy for you to find me. Read the rule book and FAQ, those should answer most of your questions.

Welcome to our addiction:)

See you there on the 15th

BobbyG

tattsailor

Tomorrow will anyone be able to help me with setting up my suspension?

I did not have other able bodies to help me today in my garage.

TATTS

dudette

Welcome Tatts. What branch...I did 8 yrs in the army. Some of the best times in my life up to a few yrs ago(joined nesba). I'm going to vir full in july.
As Bobby G said, look him up, he's a graet guy. He'll help you any way he can.
Donna
07cbr600rr "I" #626