Moon's Gone?

Nesba

Chris Moon and Mark Stern have tenured their resignation with NESBA. I am sure you will continue to see them around the org at events in the future.

I deleted the thread because it was non-productive and started to boarder on personal attacks.

We at NESBA understand your concerns and are taking steps to ensure policies and procedures are put into place to help alleviate current and past issues.
Some of the issues that were brought up through-out the thread should not be blamed on Mark and Chris' inability to do their jobs, some things were out of their control. Both Mark and Chris have poured their heart and soul into NESBA and they performed their jobs to the best of their abilities.

Mark started with the organization with a drive and passion for motorcycles and NESBA. He used that passion to educate himself to enable him to perform duties that were outside his comfort zone and experience. Marks understanding of member issues has contributed to the current MEMBER interface everyone uses, without his valued insight the website would be what it is today. Mark had keen insight into customer issues and ability to come up with corrective actions.

Chris was with the organization for 14 years and has contributed to the success of many of the programs you see in place now. He has served as a CR, a Director, Member Services Coordinator and Vending Services. Chris in his 14 year tenure has helped countless members, CR's and Directors. He has been a CR to some of the current and past NESBA directors when they were members just like you. He has been an extremely valuable asset to the NESBA organization and will be sorely missed, personally and professionally.
Mark and Chris both have been valued employees of NESBA and instead of bashing them we should wish them luck in all their future endeavors, it is counterproductive and potentially destructive.

In 2010 you will see many changes to NESBA. These changes will be gradually implemented and announced when appropriate. All of these changes are to better serve you as members and to help Directors and CR's perform their duties more efficiency and effectively.
As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Bob Blandford
President
NESBA
robert.blandford at nesba.com

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Good move by Bob to wrap up this thread..... everyone got their chance to air their thoughts and it's a good time to thank Chris and Mark for their considerable contributions, wish them the best and move on.

One thing that is clear from all this back and forth is that a lot of members feel like they are in the dark on what's going on....... so ..... although it's important not to release information prematurely...... a more regular stream of info from the administration would be helpful.

Thanks

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks for some clarification, Bob. How many paid employees did NESBA have? I know Moon was one, I was under the impression there were very few paid employees. Will the changes in 2010 be to add more paid employees? If so, will the club still be considered non-profit, or not-for-profit? Or is it moving towards becoming a for-profit business? If so, I hope it retains the club feel that it's always had, something most for-profits sorely lack.

rk97

number of paid employees shouldn't affect non-profit status. Employees are simply an operating expense. The American Red Cross has thousands of employees, and they're all good with Uncle Sam.

Zippy

Now that all the other stuff is out of the way, I do not want to forget all of the good things that you both have done. From all of us fortunate enough to have been able to ride the track because of you, you have given us a gift that no one can ever take away. I'll never forget my times at the track.

Good luck and safe travels, and Thank You.

Linsay

Tony A

Thanks for the clarifcation.
Chris and Mark, thanks for your past efforts so a slow old boy like me could come out and have fun.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rk97;121019 wrote: number of paid employees shouldn't affect non-profit status. Employees are simply an operating expense. The American Red Cross has thousands of employees, and they're all good with Uncle Sam.
Gotcha, wasn't sure between that and the trackday store...

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
I also revert back to my previous request. Much as the SE has the bios of CR's..I think it would be nice to know who is who within the organization through a stickie and/or pdf and/or webpage.

Though I am pretty familiar with most of the MA/NE CR's, it would be nice to have bios for these guys as well. Though I do not need to know what Kubricky does with his free time, or if Rob actually cloned himself and called it his son, or even what Kaley's thoughts are on the current global warming situation.

A simple pic, with bike and helmet pic, and maybe a blurb of "been with NESBA X years" and "been riding scooters X years", etc.

Same for trackside vendors. Its always easier and more cordial to approach someone by saying "Hey Cliff, blah blah blah" rather than saying "Where da fooque are my blah, blah"

:dunno::idea::popcorn:

Trent1098S

Thanks for posting up Bob, and thanks for Chris & Mark for years of service. Although I haven't actually met any of you, each time I ride I get to partake in the legacy of what you guys have created for the rest of us.

Thanks for helping me ruin my credit score. :)

(Just kidding!)