Motard Track Days

KN53

I have a buddy who is trying to start coming to trackdays with me, and I cant find the list of N2 approved tracks for Motards (which he has). We are on long island so would prefer the Northeast, nothing farther the beave, which is even a stretch. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks
-Kevin #53 (The guy you just passed on the 675Daytona)

sSalopek

Control Rider
Director
Hopefully this helps -

MOTARD EXCLUSION
Motards are prohibited from N2 track events on all but the following tracks: Pocono - East, Summit - Jefferson(Extended 1.8 Mile), Summit - Shenandoah, Barber, Talladega GP, Summit - Jefferson(Extended 1.8 Miles), Talladega GP - Race Licensing School. Riders attempting to attend events with a motard at other tracks will be turned away during tech and registration with no credit given for the day.

KN53

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were going to include more tracks. Looks like someone is going to have to buy a bike.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
They probably didn't run it this year for a couple reasons.

1) It requires the use of full course, as you can't have another organization run North or South. So if you start with VIR's schedule, and eliminate every day they are running North or South...there goes probably well over half the year right there. Now you are limited to just the days they are running Full only.

2) Numbers. Patriot isn't a widely popular track. Personally, I love Patriot. It's non stop. Perfect for really practicing turn after turn. It's like the Shenandoah of VIR...except it's even smaller than Shenny. But Patriot is almost always out voted when asked what track people like best at VIR (North, South, etc). It doesn't make any sense for a track day org to fill their schedule with a track that's not overly popular by the majority of the riders.

Racerboy

Know the Toe
I spoke too hastily. Its just that in the past when I bring up the TPM site, they had the Patriot skedded. sorry about the misled comment.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Also (sorry if I missed it in the banter), what kind of Motard are we talking about? Displacement, etc. Something like a Hypermotard you can run at any track.