My driveway the motorcycle:

Alas I won’t be doing much in the area of track days this year.

This years track schedule is not jiving well with my work schedule. Some of us work weekends. I work half throughout the year. Plus I live in Va and VIR dates don’t start until July. The season hasn't started and am missing it already. Especially after looking at videos like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglLi6nZnZU

As for the title of this thread – we have got to get the driveway paved to save the wood floors. Track bike? Not any more. Maybe next year.

See you guys when I can. Drag some knee for me.

Reg

Blinky

I wish nesba did weekday tracks too, but what can you do about that. Im gonna try and do california superbike school since they have a vir on the weekdays.

The school sounds like a good idea. Yamaha Champions Riding School came to VIR and gave pointers.

I feel that if I paid the change to do a school then I really need to do track days to practice what I learned.

Reg

Blinky

YCRS would be nice but cant drop that much coin on it. I can afford it when they come to a SED day though and i sure hope they do it again.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
As if I wasn't jonesing to ride without watching this. Guess I'll go finish painting the bike now.

fitz

afinepoint;170948 wrote: As for the title of this thread – we have got to get the driveway paved to save the wood floors.

Reg
I have a gravel driveway and wood floors and after 20 years since I've built the house the wood floors are in perfect shape, I do not understand the correlation between them.

UNLESS you are driving your vehicles in the house, although a paved driveway would minimize small rocks from getting into your house, you still have to worry about things like salt that falls off your car during the winter that can cause much more damage than the "grit" from your driveway. Also all cars tend to leak oil or drip AC water after they are parked which again can cause much more damage.

I would suggest you stop driving your car in your house, forget about the driveway and buy the darn motorcycle.

fitz

I read your reply to the gravel, sand and grit in the driveway but I don't think they were listening.

Hmmm. Park inside the house. Now that would be convenient.

Hope to do NJMP on the 15th but I lost my "crew chief and navigator (wife)". May have to go this one alone. Never been there. New track, new bike, first day of season - what could go wrong?

Reg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
afinepoint;185701 wrote: Hope to do NJMP on the 15th but I lost my "crew chief and navigator (wife)". May have to go this one alone. Never been there. New track, new bike, first day of season - what could go wrong?

Reg
Nothing! Come hang out!

You need electric? The only outlets are out in the grass area. I usually pit out there anyway, even though I won't need electric, so look for me!