N2 CEO Dance Moves @ RRR 6/27-28

imadraver

Make Every Moment Matter!
Control Rider
Our inaugural N2 event at RRR was a huge success! Here's a picture of N2 CEO Rob Cichielo showing his favorite dance moves for everyone in the lunchtime classroom session! Actually this was the lunchtime classroom review and he's demonstrating how properly hanging off in corners on the track dramatically improves your cornering speed and stability/safety.

For those that missed it or otherwise want a bit more info, here's a summary.
Folks were learning and improving how to ride fast and safe. The groups were small enough and Intermediate riders good enough that we combined sessions after lunch on Sunday, which meant double their track time. We had no serious incidents the entire weekend. We had overcast skies which kept temperatures down, quite nice at night. There was a brief shower at lunch on Saturday and some lightning towards the end of Sunday that barely cut into our riding time. Oh, and a big turtle triggered 1 red flag.​

All in all, the weekend was absolutely awesome!!! It was the first of many more to come for N2 at RRR! We're looking forward to more events like this in the Southeast, so please help spread the word!​

For more background on this track:
This track is sometimes overlooked, but it has a lot to offer. It has good facilities meaning bathrooms with showers, concessions with a variety of food in a breezy pavilion, an air conditioned classroom, vending machines with drinks & snacks, on site gas including race fuel. It's good for camping, some shaded spots can be found. It's not far from Savannah and the local town of Bloomingdale or nearby Pooler have several hotels and restaurants. The track is literally surrounded by residential neighborhoods within shouting distance of the track, so noise limits and quiet times must be respected and are strictly enforced. There is also a house in the middle of the track where the track host/maintenance and groundskeeper lives with his family.​

More Specs:
  • Runs clockwise
  • 2.02 miles
  • Long front straight, ~0.5 mile (Top speed ~160 on a 1Kcc)
  • 4 Rights, 2 Lefts; all very flowing (great for practice on techniques)
  • 2 corners have double apexes (Turns 1-2, 5)
  • No elevation, very flat (not surprising being so close to the southeast coast)
  • Track Record: Tim Hunt 3/15/09 1.10.558
  • http://www.roeblingroad.com/
  • Address: 1135 Roebling Rd, Bloomingdale, GA
  • Distance from Atlanta is ~267 mi, 4.25 hours drive

Attachments

• IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 50

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
RRR is one of the few East coast tracks I haven't got the chance to turn laps at. Hoping to do it next year! Unfortunately I don't think my schedule will permit it this year.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Ha! The title had me scared for a moment... great recap! It was an absolutely fantastic weekend and can't wait to go back.