N2 First Impressions / CR Shout-out

midRRider

This past weekend was my 4th track day and the first with N2. It was by far the best track experience I've had so far. As far as I noticed, everything ran smoothly and on time. The staff was more than helpful and answered all my questions. If someone didn't know the answer, they knew where to send me to find out. A lot of good information was provided. I especially liked how they separated the first time track riders and took them out as a separate group during the first session. That would have been very helpful to me at my first track day. I think pitting in after the first lap of the first session was a great idea as well to prevent people from going crazy on cold tires.

Now for some shout-outs. Hopefully I can get this right because I suck with names.

Randy-
After arriving, I wasn't out of my car for 30 seconds before Randy was asking if I needed help with unloading my bike or anything else. I told him it was my first event with N2 and he was quick to welcome me and point me in the right direction to start out my day. He even let me use some plywood which helped quite a bit to support the bike on the gravel. His tire pressure recommendation seemed to work well for me throughout the day. Later in the day he helped again by showing me how to use the whole track in order to carry more speed through the turns.

Lenny-
Single biggest riding tip I received the whole day - foot position. I'm glad I learned that early in the day because it made my riding for the rest of the day so much smoother and the transitions between turns seamless. And it wasn't just "put your foot here". He asked where I was stationed and came over to me between sessions specifically to work on that skill. Later in the day he showed me how to push deeper into turn 1 and helped me get through some mental blocks. He also noticed when I was pushing too hard and slowed my pace and made me hit every apex to get things back under control.

Trey-
Finding time. I told him I was on the border between good body position or pushing it a little and getting sloppy. The next session he followed me around then showed me where to push and how to help my line in order to pick up the pace without sacrificing the basics. He also, along with Lenny, explained the benefits of trail braking and showed me how it was done, then helped me work on it coming into turn 1.

Overall an excellent staff and an outstanding day. I can't thank you enough for the individual time and effort spent to make me a better rider. I learned a lot and look forward to learning even more from you in the future.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Kerry? I'm really bad with names! LOL! It was great riding with you! I'm happy that you took the information and used it out on the track! For a "new" rider, you did extremely well out there! I'm glad the we (Randy, Trey and myself) could make your day an enjoyable learning and riding experience! I hope we will see you at more trackdays soon, so that we can build on what you have learned!
Again, it was great talking and riding with you! :)

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
It was really a pleasure to work with you throughout the day. It is just as rewarding for us when riders take advantage of the information we pass and apply it.

We all look forward to your next day out.......and of course thank you for your Naval service.

selztoad

I will second that ! Although I have no idea which control riders I talked to except Jim (thunderace) everyone was super cool, laid back, just looking to have a good "safe" time. And I sure did! thanks to all you guys and gals, N2 put on a good show, stayed on schedule and I brought the bike home in one piece

Papabear10

Want to chime in as well that the CRs were great. Thanks to all especially Lenny for your usual encouragement. I believe it was Randy for the tow around and an opportunity to work on my lines. Also Big Jim for helping a fellow big guy figure different ways to tuck all this mass in and get it off to the sides to get around the track faster.