NESBA Suit Rental at the Track

MHR Speedy

I'm finally dragging a buddy out to the track with me this weekend (JC 8/2), and he will need a suit to rent. Are reservations needed?

I did a search, but there's nothing on this new forum, I'm sure it was covered on the old forum, but I can't find my old bookmark.

JGardy_781

MHR Speedy;4282 wrote: I'm finally dragging a buddy out to the track with me this weekend (JC 8/2), and he will need a suit to rent. Are reservations needed?

I did a search, but there's nothing on this new forum, I'm sure it was covered on the old forum, but I can't find my old bookmark.
Indeed reservations are required. Contact Chris Moon at parts@nesba.com to ensure there are leathers there for him to use.

rk97

Perhaps Moon can jump in and confirm or squash this:

I heard that Chris Moon is the only true "employee" of NESBA (meaning he's paid). I can understand how (at least until snow is falling) coordinating all the various vendors and being at so many events becomes a full-time gig. Is that the case?

This was part of a larger conversation about how NESBA operates, but I'll save that for another thread - the conversation ender at the track was me saying, "dude - if you don't believe me, they're a non-profit org. the financials are public record."

JGardy_781

rk97;4294 wrote: Perhaps Moon can jump in and confirm or squash this:

I heard that Chris Moon is the only true "employee" of NESBA (meaning he's paid). I can understand how (at least until snow is falling) coordinating all the various vendors and being at so many events becomes a full-time gig. Is that the case?

This was part of a larger conversation about how NESBA operates, but I'll save that for another thread - the conversation ender at the track was me saying, "dude - if you don't believe me, they're a non-profit org. the financials are public record."
NESBA indeed is a nonprofit, but I don't know what IRS section we're under. As such, being a nonprofit employee, I went a-lookin' for our 990, but I can't find one - maybe NESBA's not required to post one.

Anyway.

The people who put on the days (directors, assistant directors, etc.) are all volunteers; the CRs are volunteers, the president/founder is a volunteer - all these guys/gals have paying day jobs that don't relate to this stuff (if you're interested in what they all do, DJ made a PDF thingie online that was sort of like a NESBA "staff directory" that had all that stuff). Chris is a NESBA employee - has been for my life with the organization - but I'm not sure if he's the only one at this time.

rk97

cool - I was just wondering because people tend to forget that non-profit does not mean "runs itself for free."

with the hours and miles Moon is putting in lately, I don't know how he COULD work another job.

Motomoon

www.nesbastore.com

leather rentals ARE made online. If you contact me to rent a suit I cannot block it from being rented online also. Its a bit messy but a better solution is in the works.

The current rental site list Alpinestars but we are actually renting Teknic. Teknic tends to run small in the suit department so I would recommend 1 to 2 sizes larger. i.e. If your 160lbs 5'6 and normally wear a US size 40. Eu size 50 then you would shoot for a 42/52 unless you are pretty stocky then you may want to run a 44/54.

The suits on the rental page are listed in EURO SIZES subtract "10" to convert to your current US size.

Dutch

They had been posted on the IRS site for the longest time. Not sure why they aren't anymore? A few years ago someone on DC.com was complaining about how all of us were gettin' rich over here and making fun of out not for profit status. That is until someone pointed him to the last years public filing online. For some reason the thread ended rather abruptly after that :D

Morph

Control Rider
dutch;4382 wrote: they had been posted on the irs site for the longest time. Not sure why they aren't anymore? A few years ago someone on dc.com was complaining about how all of us were gettin' rich over here and making fun of out not for profit status. That is until someone pointed him to the last years public filing online. For some reason the thread ended rather abruptly after that :d
boots!!! Hummis

rk97

Dutch;4382 wrote: They had been posted on the IRS site for the longest time. Not sure why they aren't anymore? A few years ago someone on DC.com was complaining about how all of us were gettin' rich over here and making fun of out not for profit status. That is until someone pointed him to the last years public filing online. For some reason the thread ended rather abruptly after that :D
I figured as much.

but to be perfectly honest, there are PLENTY of non-profit orgs whose directors pull in a boatload of money.

My girlfriend works in theatre - the executive director at her old (non-profit) job pulled down over $300k/year. BUT - he could have made that much or more working for a 'profit' theatre. There ya go - that's all the rationale needed to make $300k/year a legitimate operating expense for a non-profit.

let's all hope Dutch never finds out Monte Lutz is doing any better than breaking even! ;)