New and completly lost

monsterrider

Hello,
I am totaly new to nesba, some one told me about it and i logged on for the first time.
I live in Naperville il , which is not to far from Autobahn Country Club Joliet and i would love to go for a track day on my motercycle.
If some one can pls let me know the procedure, fees and requirment for a track day would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Timmay!

I know exactly how you feel because I felt like that almost exactly one year ago. I was seeking a mentor or someone to take me under their wing because I was clueless. Well, never did find that really, instead just had to ask questions, read the nesba manual and wing it ;) But now that I'm past that point I look back and understand where your coming from. Your welcome to give me a call (630-235-0452) and I'll explain what you have questions about and I'll be out at Autobahn at the end of Sept. If you decide to come out. You'd be welcome to pit with me. I'm in Lockport. ~Timmay

dfaldridge

Timmay, good for you! helping out a fellow rider. That's what it is all about. Doing good deeds and loving life.

Sklossmonster

Try using the "Search" button on the menu bar, there are usually plenty of good threads that have covered this topic. Besides that, bring a cooler with cold beverages, get plenty of rest the night before you ride, be well hydrated before you get to the track, and as far as your bike goes ....

1. Read the manual
2. Bring an extra gas can full of good gas.
3. Bring whatever tools you have, you never know.
4. Don't forget your bike key!
5. Make sure your battery is fully charged
6. Bring your bike gear, everything else you can buy if you forget, but Walmart doesn't carry leathers

Don't hesitate to ask questions and introduce yourself, it's a great group of people and we all remember what it was like the first time we came to the track.

Good luck, and have fun!

Trent1098S

Autobahn is a nice track. What kind of motorcycle are you riding?

1. Read the manual, register on the NESBA web site and pay for your membership and track day(s).

2. Prep your bike. If you ride it to the track, bring some tools and tape so you can take off your mirrors and license plate, and tape up all the glass. Of course it's best if you can prep it ahead of time and trailer it or bring it in the back of a pickup truck. That'll save you work in the morning and make your day that much less stressful. It's also important to bring some gasoline for the day, and that's hard to pack on the back of a sportbike.

3. Get the best gear you can afford. You can rent leathers if you get a request in early enough, otherwise you'll have to bring them. Full face DOT certified helmet that fits tight, with locking visor, in good condition and no visible / gouges scrapes / etc, gauntlet style gloves, 8" riding boots, and either one or two piece leathers is the minimum. With few exceptions you get what you pay for when it comes to gear and believe me (I've been down before) that good gear is well worth the money spent.

4. Show up on time. At Autobahn, if you're heading there in the morning you'll want to arrive at the track at or before 6:30 AM. You will need to register in the building, then go through the fancy electric gate. You can pit anywhere except where it's coned off and marked "members only" - those spots are reserved and NOT for us!

5. Get your "pit" set up, and head to the "Tech" area between 7 and 8 AM. There'll be a folding 4 foot high sign, a bunch of guys (mostly wearing orange shirts) and announcements on the PA system.

6. Bring your bike back to your "pit" and listen for the Riders Meeting call over the PA system. This is mandatory and you CAN NOT miss it, or you won't get to ride. That's why it's so important to show up early enough to get signed in, get set up, and teched so you can make the meeting. It's should be called at 8:30 AM.

7. After the general riders meeting, you'll be directed inside to the beginners meeting. They'll cover a lot of important things in the beginners meeting, ranging from riding technique to track information, and some valuable "safety" lessons that are quite costly to learn the hard way....

8. Ask any questions that you are unsure of. Don't know where to get on or off the track? Ask. Don't know where the concession stand is? Ask. I've found that everyone at a track day is quite willing to help!!

9. Return to your pit, and wait for the Beginners group call. Then ride out to the staging area ("hot pit") that was covered in the meetings and wait for the control riders in orange shirts to take you out on the track. The staging area will be different on Saturday and Sunday at ACC, because there's different tracks.. don't go out on the track where the cars are running. :)

10. Have fun!!! You'll have a blast out there.

Any specific questions about the track or anything else just ask.. got plenty of time to get answers on here before the Autobahn event.

racer23

monsterrider;80648 wrote: Hello,
I am totaly new to nesba, some one told me about it and i logged on for the first time.
I live in Naperville il , which is not to far from Autobahn Country Club Joliet and i would love to go for a track day on my motercycle.
If some one can pls let me know the procedure, fees and requirment for a track day would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to our addiction!
I'm in Sandwich, not far from Naperville.

We have an Autobahn date coming up this month, hope to see you there!

slowpoke

Be sure to check your tire pressure before getting on the track. You'll run lower pressures on the track compared to street pressures.

Timmay!

:agree:

Totally forgot about this site... awesome info for starting out.

Brian, you ever gonna sell ApexJunkie shirts??