New from Chicagoland

bad06rr

Hey guys what's up? Name is Brian, 20 years old, and live in St. John Indiana which is just south of Chicago. This will be my first year in NESBA. I did my first track day in September last year at Putnam with Cycle Options and I'm hooked. I'm also taking the MCRA clinic at Gateway in May. I know I need to work on my upper body position a bit. Thanks in advance guys and I look forward to seeing you out on the track!!!

beac83

Welcome to NESBA Brian! You're just in time for the new season. The Midwest guys are planning a get-together on Jan 31. Check the thread for the NESBA Bash in the Midwest Forum, and come out and meet us. There are a lot of NESBIANS in the metro Chicago area, so you will see lots of us at the local tracks.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Bash, or at the track!

dlockhart5x

bad06rr;32237 wrote: Is durty nellie's a 21 over place?
It is a restaurant/ pub. I know I have seen families with kids in there early in the evening.
At some time in the eventing they switch from restaurant to bar.
Shhhhhhh...
I do recall some under 21s hanging with us all night at the first bash I attended.

or it could just be my foggy memory. :eek:uttahere:

ThePro8

dlockhart5x;32438 wrote:
I do recall some under 21s hanging with us all night at the first bash I attended.

or it could just be my foggy memory. :eek:uttahere:
Surely mopar was hitting on them.

slowrx

I'm new here too... also from the chicagoland area. Are there any open days for the track? Looking to start up and see how I would like it.

gkotlin

slowrx;33928 wrote: I'm new here too... also from the chicagoland area. Are there any open days for the track? Looking to start up and see how I would like it.
I'm not sure what you mean by open days. Nesba does offer the opportunity to try the track for free! You get to ride the first two sessions of the day. See the website for details.

Be sure to come out to the Bash! I didn't go to the bash the off season before I started. I regret it! This is a great group of people. If you have any other questions, feel free to post up and we'll point you in the right direction.