New from Fort Wayne IN

RandyO

Hey all... new to the track scene but not to bikes.. My name is Randy and am originally from Phx AZ, now in Ft Wayne IN.

Have raced a few venues over the years but never a road track on a sport bike.. I am really looking forward to Putnam on 5-2 to get my feet wet... Have raced for a lot of years (Drag boats and cars) and figure this should be at least that much fun :) Running hard on the streets just is not my gig after so many years of "controlled" conditions and that rescue vehicle should things go bad..

I have a real crew guy from some guys that run Duc's that is going to come along and do my setup (06, Hayabusa).. He tells me that Putnam is a pretty fast track so hope I can at least run with the beginner group and not be too embarrassed.. Any suggestions are more than welcome.. Am used to full days trackside working so that should not be an issue..

I was sent over here by Kevin Varner (what a great guy!) and hope you can all offer up a prayer for him and Brenda tonight.. they could use it...

Here is my bike, the list of mods is too long to post but there is a lot of stuff done..
bike08.jpg

dlockhart5x

Welcome to the fun house. You have found a great group of people to play with.
Very cool busa! I wanna ride one WFO out in the desert someday, just because.
You will enjoy Putnam, it is a great first track.
Heck, I have a blast there and can scare myself with 60hp

RandyO

Thanks Mike, I am sure a long stretch on the Busa would probably wake you up a bit :) on the other hand I am more than sure it is way more bike for the track than I will ever need but it does provide lots power to get it from corner to corner.

Also another guy I have ridden with joined NESBA and is also signed up for the May 2nd date.. so at least 2 busa's (his is a Gen2 bike).. I will be coming in from Deals Gap (spending the entire week in Robbinsville) and John will be coming in from Eaton OH.

Can't wait, been a long cold winter with only about 3 riding days..

ceptorman

Hey Randy, welcome. As stated earlier, Putnam is a blast to ride. It just kinda flows with a really fast 1st turn, after a 2800 ft straight. That Busa looks almost too nice to put it on a track. I'm sure you know how addictive ANY form of racing can be...be prepared to adjust your life around trackdays. Good luck and might see you there.....