New from south east PA

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
rssuby2001;302012 wrote: Thanks, i put a tread up in the paddock for the tech questions, figured that would be the best place. I see your in NJ, how is NJMP? haven't been there since the opening day for Grand AM, no grass to be seen that weekend........
I love it!! 2 tracks to choose from...:cool:

rssuby2001

HondaGalToo;302082 wrote: Pitt Race in Wampum? Formerly known as BeaveRun? Great track, one of my favorites. Some sections are getting a bit bumpy, but it's not awful. I love the layout!
Nice, has the club ever done Pocono? When I was there working DE events for porche I'd watch the guys run on the back half of the oval and the infield with some bike club, too long ago to remember........ looked fun

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rssuby2001;302094 wrote: Nice, has the club ever done Pocono? When I was there working DE events for porche I'd watch the guys run on the back half of the oval and the infield with some bike club, too long ago to remember........ looked fun
They used to, back in the day. Back half of the oval over the tunnel, small (~1.3 mile) course - if so that would be the east course. Since NJMP opened, all the orgs stopped going to Pocono. A couple of them have started again because Pocono did some upgrades and repaving, fixing/expanding the east course. Once a year they'd get to run the big FUSA course.

Me personally? I'll never go back to Pocono. With NJMP around, there's no need. NJMP is a much better course with better run-off.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Welcome. I'm from Lancaster and Summit might be a little farther but it is a great track for your first time (all tracks are awesome your first time). Its about a wash for me to either because there is no easy way to get to NJMP from Lancaster so you are back roads 75% of the way where Summit is less of an effort with trailer in tow because its 75% highway.

Either way, welcome. If you need anything let us know.

rssuby2001

Slitherin;302304 wrote: Welcome. I'm from Lancaster and Summit might be a little farther but it is a great track for your first time (all tracks are awesome your first time). Its about a wash for me to either because there is no easy way to get to NJMP from Lancaster so you are back roads 75% of the way where Summit is less of an effort with trailer in tow because its 75% highway.

Either way, welcome. If you need anything let us know.
Thanks, I'm like 10min from Gap, yea I have been to Summit a lot with doing pit crew for club racing, even rode summit with a 10 speed after a 6 pack, that last run under the bridge sucked. Thanks for the welcome and hope to see everyone out there, not sure if I'm gona start at summit or njmp this spring, let me know if you do any rides in the area. I do a few rides a year usually to Wildwood

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rssuby2001;302775 wrote: Signed up for my first event Jefferson in the 29th, now sitting here like a little school girl, can't wait
With nesba? On this site? Go and cancel it and get the money refunded to your credit card. Not credits in the system. Nesba is in flux right now. See this thread: http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=33263

Read through other parts of the site to see what's going on. Rob and crew have tried to link the above thread in as many places as they saw fit. They are working very hard to change over ownership to their new organization. In my opinion, Bob B. should have shut down the registration page.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Judy

I PM'ed Ken and got his number. I called and talked to him. He just signed up so he has some time to dispute the charge if things don't work out for that weekend. He has been involved with other track day clubs (cars) and this isn't a situation he is unfamilliar with. He is going to hold out with the rest of us and hope Rob can work things out. If JC is not in the schedule once this all comes out, then he can then go through the process of getting his money back. Good guy and I hope we get to share the paddock soon.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
John, thanks for following up with Ken. I just didn't want more folks losing money. Hopefully it'll all work out!

Control Rider
N2
Coatesville? Your 20 minutes from me!

Welcome, and see you at the track soon.

P.S.
And don't worry, this will all be cleared up soon ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
R9935th;302890 wrote: Coatesville? Your 20 minutes from me!

P.S.
We have faith in you guys!!! :adore::D

rssuby2001

R9935th;302890 wrote: Coatesville? Your 20 minutes from me!

P.S.
thanks hopefully it gets sorted and i can get on the track, so you can see how a real newbe does it

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
rssuby2001;303571 wrote: Like the new site thanks for keeping the members together, can't wait for the start if the season
Ken

Do you think you can make the NJMP date May 12? Thunderbolt is a fun track and even though it is a bigger track than JC its a great track to do your first day. The track is big so the riders get spread out and it is also on a Monday so the crowd is usually different than what you find on a weekend. I'm making plans to be there.

If you cannot pull off a Monday the next weekend is also at NJMP but on the Lightning track. Lightning is one of my favorite. It is a very fast track and has a little of everything.

Let me know if you can do either of these weekends. Can't wait to roll a wheel this season.

rssuby2001

Slitherin;303577 wrote: Ken

Do you think you can make the NJMP date May 12? Thunderbolt is a fun track and even though it is a bigger track than JC its a great track to do your first day. The track is big so the riders get spread out and it is also on a Monday so the crowd is usually different than what you find on a weekend. I'm making plans to be there.

If you cannot pull off a Monday the next weekend is also at NJMP but on the Lightning track. Lightning is one of my favorite. It is a very fast track and has a little of everything.

Let me know if you can do either of these weekends. Can't wait to roll a wheel this season.
I'll have to see if i can swing it, I was just pushing for tracks down at Summit first because i know them, but if you think its better to be at NJMP over Summit I'll try for that date

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
No. Summit is great. I think we have Friday May 9th at main scheduled. That will be fun too. I'm going to have to call in some vacation days to make Friday and Monday.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
rssuby2001;303636 wrote: Yea I can't do both, gota plan around work, kids and wife's work, what happened to simpler days?
I understand that. If your familliar with Summit then shoot for the 9th. You can't go wrong with either track really. Let the juggling begin.......:doh: