New guy from Charlotte, NC

TwiggyD

Hello all.

I'm am the new guy around here and I will be at my first day with you guys on the 23rd at Road Atlanta.

It will not be my first day on track, I have done a couple on my old 600 gixxer, but I'll be on a new-to-me RC51. I'm a bit nervous but really looking forward to it.:D

Oh, and I'm also an Enginner (electrical/facilities) and I've seen quite a few others on here. Look forward to meeting everyone.

smack28752

Welcome. You are in for a good time with NESBA. Very helpful group indeed.

Sorry I am going to miss RA this month. You should consider coming down to CMP in June (13th & 14th). We have several from western NC coming and one of our guys said a big group from Charlotte will be there too.

Hope to see you at the track.... love those big V-Twins, BTW.

prankster624

smack28752;54346 wrote: Welcome. You are in for a good time with NESBA. Very helpful group indeed.

Sorry I am going to miss RA this month. You should consider coming down to CMP in June (13th & 14th). We have several from western NC coming and one of our guys said a big group from Charlotte will be there too.

Hope to see you at the track.... love those big V-Twins, BTW.
I'm new here also, I'll be at RA with twiggy on the 23rd.

Smack, who do you know from charlotte that is going to CMP next month? I wonder if we know any of them. I raced WERA and did track days a few years back, I'm just now getting back into it.

HighWay

I'm not with the "big group from Charlotte" but I will be at CMP in June. I wouldn't mind meeting a few new people from Charlottle.

prankster624

HighWay;54697 wrote: I'm not with the "big group from Charlotte" but I will be at CMP in June. I wouldn't mind meeting a few new people from Charlottle.
You're friends with Jeremy Arnold (Worm) aren't you? I think we've met, I'm his old roommate.

DFlowe

Welcome aboard with Nesba and it's good to see someone else from Charlotte joining the ranks. I live in Charlotte and will be a RA on 5/23 & 5/24. I'll try to say hello while I'm there.

HighWay

prankster624;54699 wrote: You're friends with Jeremy Arnold (Worm) aren't you? I think we've met, I'm his old roommate.
Yep good old worm. I'm pretty sure we met also but can't remember your face, you should come out to CMP.

JRA

TwiggyD;54020 wrote: Hello all.

Oh, and I'm also an Enginner (electrical/facilities)
and I've seen quite a few others on here. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Wait till you see the the paddock at Road Atlanta. You'll make a lot of friends quick if you can hook everybody up with power.:D

TwiggyD

HighWay;55015 wrote: Yep good old worm. I'm pretty sure we met also but can't remember your face, you should come out to CMP.
Yep, and I met worm way back in the day (on the bikes actually) when I was still in school. I hope I get the bike fixed so I can make it to CMP.

Wes, we going to try and make CMP next month and Barber later this year?

noobinacan

Is it true that at CMP, you park and setup on DIRT ?
and that I should bring a rub to keep the bike on ?

and do you guys end up getting a garage ?
I sounds like you can get two bikes in one garage..anyone want to split the cost and share a garage with me ?

thanks

JRA

You can actually get several bikes in one garage space. You don't set up on dirt, but the paddock is very sandy so it's wise to bring a piece of carpet or a piece of plywood.

TwiggyD

If i can get all the parts for the RC and I heal up a bit I'll be back on the track at CMP... if there's still any spots open in I.

Otherwise I think I'm going to ride my other bike down to just check it out.