New Guy

1bad7

I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been around the board for a while but never had anything really to say. I'm still stationed in Italy right now but I'll be back in VA in June, so I'm looking to go to VIR in July before I have to report to the ship. By the way I've been riding for quite a few years, I own a 2004 ZX-10R and I can't wait to get back to the states and hope to meet everybody.

John

1bad7

lemondrop;29933 wrote: thank you for all you do
No worries, the military has done quite a few things for me too(like helping me grow up initially, LOL).

I'll be in the Norfolk area.

I was looking on the VIR website and it says that when I was looking at going they have a day on the South part and another on the North part. I guess the North part is what the AMA does?

Fire929

Yeah they use the North course for the races.

The South course is a lot of fun to ride also plus if you bring anyone with you they can see almost the entire track. If you get the chance you should try the Full course as well. It's a combination of the North and South and it has a monster straight away for that ZX10.

1bad7

That's great. I was looking at I think it's the first weekend in July that NESBA is doing and I thought I would do the South on Sunday and North on Monday. Cause it's about 2 1/2 hours away, so I might as well make it worth my time going all the way out there. I have a buddy who is supposed to be going to school in Norfolk at that same time so I told him that we'll head out there for those trackdays.

Rick Johnson

You are going to love VIR.It's good and hot there in July so bring plenty of water and gatorade.Most important just have fun!:D

1bad7

Thanks bro, I figured it would be more humid than over here but the heat would equal itself out. Is there a lot of folks from the Tidewater area that go to VIR or are part of NESBA? Just checking as it would be cool to meet people from the area as when I was there in 99-02 I didn't really know anybody that rode. Anyway, thanks for all of the help and I look forward to meeting you guys this coming year.

Dr. Evil

1bad7;30003 wrote: Is there a lot of folks from the Tidewater area that go to VIR or are part of NESBA?
I am from the Tidewwater area. Last season VIR Grand was my first ride with NESBA. Very positive experience. I camped out at the track in my van. That gave me plenty of time in the morning to get everything ready. I have got to go back in 09. Actually there is no choice in the matter.

:squid:

1bad7

Maybe we can hook up and go to the July day/days together. I was looking on the VIR website and I believe they are for the first weekend in July. I'm going to try the Sunday and Monday version as I will still be on leave. That and I'll get the chance to ride the South and North tracks.