New in PA

corgi123

Hi new rider in PA around Pittsburgh

Came on here to lurk & browse - a new rider (on my first bike) and it’s almost October, so not in a rush to get on the track

Saw that there was (is?) a women’s section to this forum? Does it still exist? I found the link but I don’t seem to have access & I wanted to look for gear posts if there are any.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Welcome. As a "new" rider I'd recommend that you master all the controls prior to signing up for a track day. You need to have the controls be second nature so you don't think about them while riding. In addition, gain a feel for the MC under all conditions including while at speed. You will likely go well over 100 mph (depending on the bike) and you need to be comfortable with that. I certainly don't want to talk you out of doing track days, it's just that there is a certain level of competence necessary to get all the fun out of it.
edit...upon reading my post I may have totally misread your introduction........sorry if I goofed. :eek:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! Agree with Jack, to go to the track, operation of all controls needs to be second nature, and you need (at a minimum) to be completely comfortable at highway speeds. We teach folks how to ride on the track, but not how to ride. I say this assuming you are a new rider, not an experienced rider on a new bike. Get some good miles under your belt and come join us!

What bike do you have?

There is a women's forum, but it's not at all active. I'll see if I can figure out how to get you access. Not that anything goes on in there, lol.

corgi123

Thanks everyone!

I have a cb500x that I just started riding (also technically had a Honda monkey for about a year. Skills transferred surprisingly well to the cb500x, but the monkey could not make >55 especially with Pittsburgh hills lol).

Thinking of getting an mt07/z650 in a year or two (also saw that there were bike rentals but not sure how common that was, also a bit hesitant to rent when new to track riding)

tdelegram

Control Rider
If you're a new rider Jack and Judy hit the nail on the head. If you're looking to get on track in a more female environment check out ruts to race lines. We do have a lot of regular female riders and coaches too if you post here they will most likely see it.

OliverMitchell

Hi all, I am happy to join your community. I want to brag that I have Suzuki GSX-R1000. I've been saving up for a long time for this bike and thought about buying it or not, since my wife was against it. But I finally realized my childhood dream :)