New Member/ First Day is VIR 7/18

Big_J_29

Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I live in Charlotte, NC and Own a 2006 Yamaha R1. I am tired of dodging cars and traffic and worrying about other drivers on the Road and being able to have some fun with this bike in a safe manner. My name is John and this will be my first time on a track. Needless to say I am a little more than nervous. Is there any pointers and advice that you guys could give about what to expect, what to bring with me etc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, John

krw

Welcome. You're going to have a great time, just relax and have fun. I was nervous about my first time out too, but NESBA is a good organization and they run things very well. B group starts with parade laps and the speed goes up as the day goes on. Not NEARLY as intimidating as you would think. Go through the manual and make sure your bike is ready. Most everything else is optional. Here is a short list of what I bring (I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things):

- EZup for shade
- Basic tools
- Stands
- Warmers
- Generator
- Fan
- Riding gear
- Spare fluids
- Snacks and drinks
- Full gas can

Also, there is a section on the website "Typical Track Day" that walks you through everything. Check that out.

suzukigirl

Welcome! You're going to love it!!! NESBA is great, and you'll be in good hands!

Be sure to bring plenty of water and stay well hydrated. Don't forget to breathe while you're on track ; ) and try not to be tense. Relax, hook up with a CR, and soak in all of the knowledge they can't wait to share with you. Don't forget to wait after the session for some immediate feedback from the CR's. Ask questions... None of them are stupid; we all started exactly where you are!

Remember that there is a lot to learn in order to go fast safely. You are on a bike with a lot of power, and the speed on the track is a rush, but don't forget to stay within your limits and skill level.

Other than that, I think krw covered it well 4 ya! I wouldn't worry much about having warmers and generator for your first day... eventually, maybe, but you are going to be learning a lot your first weekend, and adding this to the list isnt crucial.

Have fun!! I know you will!!!

meanstrk

Control Rider
The best thing you can do is ask questions. The worst thing you can do is act like you know all the answers.....

Go into this with your eye wide open. It's a whole new world, and there are many that have already been on this particular playground, so talk to them. Ask for feedback. Learn. Absorb knowledge. Don't act like a douche that thinks they know everything.

Have fun!

Big_J_29

Yeah I am not one of the Types to think I know everything. I like to ask questions and learn from those who have the experience. I am looking forward to it.

Meat

I was so incredibly nervous my first track day, heck I still get nervous on a new track first time out. If you need anything at all, just ask around in the pits. Everyone is so helpful.

Definitely bring something for shade! Ride smooth and have a good time. Like others have said, we were all where you were and we were just as nervous, and I may have been even more nervous.

Have a great time and be careful with all that power.