New member going to Road Atlanta

Erz

Hi guys. I've been a member of NESBA for a few years now and I've done 1 track day so far with another org and I'm hooked. I will be doing my first event with NESBA at Road Atlanta on July 24. Does anyone know if there will be trackside tire service at Road Atlanta?

smack28752

Welcome to NESBA. I think you are gonna like it a bunch. Wish I was able to get to RA this weekend but work got in the way (well, I've to pay for this stuff somehow).

I saw you got your tire information on another thread. NESBA prices are as good as any out there plus you get to work with the kindest, sweetest guy in the paddock, Derek Leslie!!

Good luck and have a great time this weekend!

Slowninja

Glad to see you and the bike made it out pretty much un harmed. I hate to say it but those photos are kind of cool, at least you can show your friends now. Did you get on the gas too hard? I'm a newbie so any thing i can take in before i can get out there is great.

Erz

Slowninja;73067 wrote: Glad to see you and the bike made it out pretty much un harmed. I hate to say it but those photos are kind of cool, at least you can show your friends now. Did you get on the gas too hard? I'm a newbie so any thing i can take in before i can get out there is great.
I cut into the turn too early and rode on the rumble strips and since they were painted and I was pretty much leaned over....well you can see what happened. I expected a lot more damage. Right clip-on is got pushed inward, I might be able to push it back into place. Both bar ends are scuffed and hanging off. Clutch lever is bent and brake pedal is bent. Race plastics had minor scuffs. That was my first crash. I was pretty pissed but I'm glad I walked away from it. I suffered a mild concussion though and got whiplash.

noobinacan

you walked away with minor damage....so, its all good.
glad to see that you were back on your feet right away.

I stood the bike up at turn 3.
and ran wide on turn 12....both times cause I was going in too hot and not setting my entry speed.

jcrich

Hmmmm...that is DJ right behind you on his TZ and I am sure he is saying "No , no, no, no riding on the rumble strip leaned over like that". Glad you are OK. Don't do that again! :)

Erz

jcrich;73234 wrote: Hmmmm...that is DJ right behind you on his TZ and I am sure he is saying "No , no, no, no riding on the rumble strip leaned over like that". Glad you are OK. Don't do that again! :)
Oh trust me, I learned my lesson. :D

Slowninja

Erz;73071 wrote: I cut into the turn too early and rode on the rumble strips and since they were painted and I was pretty much leaned over....well you can see what happened. I expected a lot more damage. Right clip-on is got pushed inward, I might be able to push it back into place. Both bar ends are scuffed and hanging off. Clutch lever is bent and brake pedal is bent. Race plastics had minor scuffs. That was my first crash. I was pretty pissed but I'm glad I walked away from it. I suffered a mild concussion though and got whiplash.
Glad to hear you were alright. I'll make sure to not ride over any rumble strip while leaned over:) Nice bike btw, they sound so mean with an exhaust.