New Member, Intro @ Roebling

JeffreyDeal197

well it had to happen sooner or later :D a guy from our weekly group ride told me he was going this weekend, and after a bit of deliberation, i've decided it's now or never. gotta get your feet wet eventually, right?

i'll be riding on a set of Conti Motion sport touring tires, i know their profile isn't exactly sporting, but there's plenty of tread left. i average 25,000 miles a year or so, so soft tires don't really suit my style. once i get more serious, i'll be looking into something grippier.

btw i ride an '03 YZF600R, and i wouldn't have any other bike for a daily rider.

here's to the addiction :D

ZLTFUL

Great bike for daily commuting with a spirited ride thrown in now and then.

Welcome to the addiction, please pass the credit cards to the front...

MotorPsycho

Looks like several 1st timers at Roebling. Roebling is a good track for your first track day. It's not technical with sweepers and not many turns. This makes it nice to learn getting-off the seat and controling turns, lean angles, body position, etc.
My bet is after the intro, you'll anti-up the money and do the full day. And you'll love it.

JeffreyDeal197

well right now i'm saving up for a trackday with a couple locals at jennings next month and maybe some better tires.....so i must say i probably won't be going the whole nine my first day out there. but i'm sure this is just the beginning.

indeed the 600R is a great daily rider, though if i get serious about tracking, the clipons are going to have to be lower. i'm no stranger to hanging off and using good body positioning, but i've never went out with the intention of dragging a knee. i know that will happen when the time is right and the pace is quick enough.

the straightaway at roebling is long.....what kind of top speeds should i be expecting for the beginner class?

robfromga

Your going to get addicted! And broke!:doh:

You'll go as fast as you want down the straight, Im sure you can ring that 600's neck out. Dont be concerned with lap time, speed or touching your knee...that will all come. Stay fluid, smooth and ride within your limits not the guy to you. Most of all have a blast!

MotorPsycho

JeffreyDeal197;79311 wrote:
the straightaway at roebling is long.....what kind of top speeds should i be expecting for the beginner class?
Depends...
On the drive you get out of the final turn,
If you get a 'tow' down the straightaway,
How long you stay on the throttle before you say "Holy Crap!
":wow:
and a few other things.:D