New Rider

Horty222

Hi,
Did a Google search and found N2. Pretty much new rider (2 years) but looking to expand my experience. I dont know if this is the best next step? Looking to possibly signing up for a track day at Summit Point. Guessing novice is the starting point, just wanted to ask if this would be the correct move to continued learning? My current bike is a Yamaha Fz-07. I guess I would have more questions if this is the next step for a beginner.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Hi,
Did a Google search and found N2. Pretty much new rider (2 years) but looking to expand my experience. I dont know if this is the best next step? Looking to possibly signing up for a track day at Summit Point. Guessing novice is the starting point, just wanted to ask if this would be the correct move to continued learning? My current bike is a Yamaha Fz-07. I guess I would have more questions if this is the next step for a beginner.
If you are comfortable operating your bike at highway and greater speeds, you’ll learn more on track in a safer environment that the street. All of our control riders have similar training and diverse backgrounds. Welcome aboard, and I know I’ll be at most summit days, if you need some help just find me in the paddock white plate 112 with an red r1, 112 sv primer colored and 112 Honda cr100. If you have questions ask away we all started same place you are.

Thanks
Tom

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Is the operation of all controls (throttle/brake/shifting) second nature? Are you comfortable at highway speeds? Have you already taken an MSF course? If yes, I think you'd be ok at a trackday. And you will learn so much!
Novice is what you would sign up for. If you aren't sure, we do have an intro group where you ride the first two 20 min sessions for free to try it out. You can pay for the day if there are open spots and you liked it. (you will, lol).
The FZ-07 is a good bike to use on the track.

Check out the Riders Manual: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/N2-Riders-Manual_v2.0.6.pdf
It will provide information on the required gear and what you need to do for tech inspection.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Haha, Tom beat me to it! Also, first time to the track riders are assigned their own CR (control rider) for the first couple of sessions so you'll be shown the proper line around the track. We're all here to help, ask away with any questions!

Horty222

Thanks for the info guys! Im leaning towards doing it. I'll have to get the right gear to be allowed to participate. My current textile jacket does not have a zipper to allow pants to secure to. Time to start shopping.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Thanks for the info guys! Im leaning towards doing it. I'll have to get the right gear to be allowed to participate. My current textile jacket does not have a zipper to allow pants to secure to. Time to start shopping.
Get a one piece suit, honestly. In the event of a slide, you'll be glad you're in one. :)

Also, check the for sale section here in this site. There are some great deals to be had.
What's your size?

A fellow member here is giving away a suit for the cost of shipping.

Brad is selling some great A* boots too:

Horty222

Get a one piece suit, honestly. In the event of a slide, you'll be glad you're in one. :)

Also, check the for sale section here in this site. There are some great deals to be had.
What's your size?

A fellow member here is giving away a suit for the cost of shipping.

Brad is selling some great A* boots too:

Thanks! Reached out to the leather seller. Looks like it would pass tech?