New to the addiction

tstd2

Ok, so I thought that I was a damn good rider on the street and I was hopeing to show that off at the track but I was quickly fooled. I am definitly much slower than I expected. I really need to work on the turns.

Summits jefferson course was the one to pop my cherry per say and loved every bit of it but i was a little aggravated that I kept getting pulled off line due to being "too slow in the turns". I recently broke my ankle on christmas 07 and have only been walking since april 08 and did not feel like knee dragging. That would have been awesome to reach that point though. But I guess my complaint is why hte repeated pulling my over to tell me the same shit every time.

I will hit the jefferson again on the 6th of september. I will get faster and have even more fun. Any other beginners gonna be there?:doh:

BlueMax

By your own admision you said your were slow. Apparently one or more CR riders noticed and tried to point out your weak point. Look on the bright side. The CR did not bombard you with late braking, turn in points and more throttle past the apex. That will all come later :wow:. Take what ever advise the CR's give you and apply it, after that there will be something else to work on. Tracks have a way of making fast street riders look slow but in due time it starts to come together.

JGardy_781

tstd2;6680 wrote: But I guess my complaint is why hte repeated pulling my over to tell me the same shit every time.
At the risk of sounding too harsh, the only way you're going to get rid of the negative feedback is to fix the things you're doing that lead to the negative feedback. The CRs (or your fellow class members) don't know when they roll up on you mid-session that you had an ankle injury X months ago. If you're not fully healthy, as you indicate in your original post, perhaps you shouldn't be out at the racetrack until you feel you're closer to 100%.

sportbikerchic

Glad you had fun and felt the addiction!

I'm guessing from what you wrote that the CR's were pulling you off the line so that faster traffic could get by in the turns (is that what you were saying?). Unfortunately JC is mostly turns with very short straight sections, so this happens more on JC than on some other tracks. Hopefully you were able to get some feedback and advice from the CRs working that day. Repetition and track time are great teachers all on their own. Not many people run hot laps and drag knee on their first try.

Enjoy!

Tony A

Glad your coming back, i was pitted beside you at the last JC.
be patient and keep an open mind to the feedback, it will all come together for ya.
I know for me its tough sometimes to hear something you dont want to, i also know that i have never had a cr give me back advice or a tidbit of information that was not important or that if I thought about was not spot on.
I will also offer up to run your pace and ride, it took me a good lowside to figure that out, now I keep coming back for the challenge of my self improvement and its a whole lot more fun to try and get the little things that i need to work on right.
I plan on being there the 6th I look you up.

tstd2

new addiction

Yeah I saying that I was definitly too slow. They did pull me off line so faster bikes could get by. It just sucks a little that they have to slow you down when you are trying to get it together

Yes I do plan on trying to get out there on the sixth. It all depends if I can get an open spot and money has gotta be in line also. If not I will be there in october. I wanted to hit the main but I hear its not good right now. Besides I have jefferson to work on first.:second: