New Track Rider from PA

TimR1

Hey guys! Just wanted to say hello! I'm new to track day riding. I have been on a track before with a YCRS school 2 years ago but didn't have the money to get all the gear for track days. Look forward to getting to meet people at my first official day on 8/27 at PittRace. That is also my birthday so I can't think of a better way to spend it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Awesome way to spend your birthday! Welcome! Great that you started with YCRS, so you've learned the champions habits from the beginning. Most of our Control Riders (CRs), aka coaches, have been to YCRS and we teach their principles. So you'll be able to build upon what you learned at YCRS. If you can stick around Saturday night, we are having our annual Air Fence Fundraiser. It'll be a good time, good raffle items, good food.

Check out the Riders' Manual if you haven't already http://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/N2-Riders-Manual-Ver.-2.0.1.pdf

And don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

CBRtist

+1 to what Judy said. She's a great go-to for information.

Wow. Couldn't have picked a better track or date to give yourself a birthday gift. Happy early birthday! We'll both be there and I'll be in your group. Fun times!!!

Welcome to the family :)

TimR1

Could you guys tell me how to set up the part below my posts where you have your rider #s and bike types. Can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Welcome, can't wait for Pitt race, myself! Re your question, click on your screen name (upper right corner) and you'll see a selection of items....

TimR1

Thanks a lot guys! I've heard good things about PittRace. I can't wait to get there and actually ride my bike the way it's meant to be riden.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks a lot guys! I've heard good things about PittRace. I can't wait to get there and actually ride my bike the way it's meant to be riden.
The North Course alone was always one of my favorites. Now that they built the South Course, and we run them combined as the Full Course, it's just become one of the best!!

You will learn how to ride your bike the way it was meant to be ridden! There will be Novice classroom instruction, and there will be lots of on track instruction and feedback from the CRs. If you feel you aren't getting enough feedback, just ask.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Welcome! What part of PA are you hailing from? You never know - you may have a fellow N2 rider near you, and it can never hurt to have a local riding buddy or two. You're going to LOVE PittRace full course and the N2 crew are awesome to be around.

TimR1

The North Course alone was always one of my favorites. Now that they built the South Course, and we run them combined as the Full Course, it's just become one of the best!!

You will learn how to ride your bike the way it was meant to be ridden! There will be Novice classroom instruction, and there will be lots of on track instruction and feedback from the CRs. If you feel you aren't getting enough feedback, just ask.

I look forward to having people to actually help me build and refine my skills. I try to practice them whenever I ride even on the street but I know they are built better when not having to worry about on coming traffic and all the other hazards that come with street riding.

TimR1

Welcome! What part of PA are you hailing from? You never know - you may have a fellow N2 rider near you, and it can never hurt to have a local riding buddy or two. You're going to LOVE PittRace full course and the N2 crew are awesome to be around.

I'm from the Harrisburg, PA area. I ride with others on occasion but some of them don't seem to get my mindset of not just running through turns even if I want to.