Njmp mgmt - wtf???

PJZOCC624

So, yesterday at Thunderbolt, we started the day an hour late (10am) because NJMP had to address oil on the track. They had a GrandAm race this weekend, and the cars had dropped a significant amount of oil on the track ALL the way through 7 and in 9. What I am curious about (and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one) is WHY DID NJMP WAIT UNTIL MONDAY MORNING TO INSPECT THE TRACK AND DO THIS KIND OF MAINTENANCE/CLEANUP??? :dunno:

This (obviously) is not NESBA's fault, and this is not a complaint on the club, but it seems like a lack of foresight on NJMP's part. As a result of the late start, I know of a couple riders who skipped out on the last session or two to head home. Plus, it was a little warm yesterday and it would've been nice to get that 9am session in, as it seemed like the temp and humidity was in a steep climb hour by hour. Maybe Mike could shed some light???

side note: great fun yesterday! :D Thanks NESBA!

jtsgsxr6

I was not too happy with allowing us into TB too, I arrive at the gates around 6:30 and was told couldn't get in yet. Fair enough, so I asked how long approx. lady said I don't know. So I asked are we talking an hour or 4 hours? She said I don't know. I asked will I be able to get in tonight? She said I don't know. WTF I would think she should at least be able to know if it's an hour or 4? Whatever it ended up only being about an hour thankfully.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
cars will always win over bikes.....

i was at an event at NJMP several weeks ago and there were still mini-lemans cars in the paddocks from the previous weekend.

xTomKx

I was nervous going over those spots where the oil was spilled. Even the CR's said that the track was slippery in the morning.

seepy01

njmp

i go to njmp alot its only 45 min from my door.
i never have problems there .

as far as the wait in the mornings. i actually like the late starts , it seems to be a common thing here. it gets the morning jitters out early and we get much better running after lunch.. plus my first session on the track that day it rained (i dont like to add rain to my day)

as for the heat its summer i love 100+ its way better than it being cold and snowy and not on my bike..
njmp really does do a great job of cleaning up.. ok they got to it late but nesba and njmp let us run late...
yes cars will win everytime but njmp does like when we come and appreciate the sport...