NJMP Thunderbolt Chicanes

strgt

Why dont we run any of the chicanes? Ive gathered that a lot of people liked having the second chicane in when they did track days with other orgs because it flowed nice with the layout. I am planning on being there the 1st and 2nd and was hoping to have at least tried using one of the chicanes since both thunderbolt days ive done ran without.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Morph;17050 wrote: Chicanes suck... you can't get any air in the jump with them :)
Morph doesnt like them because he'll loose all that time he makes up in the back straight, i say run them!!! BTW did you see my photos in the pics of you? check them out you'll see who's behind who! who's my biatch!!!!!! lol

PJZOCC624

I did a day with another org on Labor Day, and BOTH chicanes were open. Here's my (unprofessional) take:

The 2nd chicane has a good entry, and a bit higher speed throughout. It flows with the track fairly well.

The 1st chicane has an awkward entry, and really slows down the speed coming off the front straight. I don't like how it flows coming off the front. (Not to mention the bad entry onto the track coming off of pit road)

If both chicanes are open, man, you're gonna get a workout. It makes the entire track very technical. And for a 2.2ish mile track, it really leaves no place to "rest". Now, I'm a fatass, and those who are in better shape than I probably don't notice it as much, but it will kick your ass all day otherwise. If only the 2nd is open, I think it's a better layout than having both....

But I could be wrong.

Morph

Control Rider
Emerson;17088 wrote: Morph doesnt like them because he'll loose all that time he makes up in the back straight, i say run them!!! BTW did you see my photos in the pics of you? check them out you'll see who's behind who! who's my biatch!!!!!! lol

one lap BFD........................Bring your ass monday and I'll show you whats really good.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
i dont think you want to mess with me. i might be getting a liter bike tomorrow!!! :D

Morph

Control Rider
Better yet now you can quit with the excuses.....but your better watch that throttle hand