North Jersey Newbie - NJMP 09/15

lgeronimo

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and to the track. I've been riding for about 3 years, and have always wanted to do a track day, so I finally took the plunge, registered for a track day and bought the gear. I ride a 2010 R6, and I am super excited to finally use this bike for what it's meant for. That's not to say I'm going to exceed my limits in any way, but I just wanna get out there, have some fun, and learn as much as I possibly can. I've learned so much already, just from reading the riders manual and browsing around the forums, but what I don't really see discussed a lot is the transportation options. As of right now, I'm looking into renting a U-hual trailer but if you guys have any better suggestions/options, I'd love for you to chime in.

Thanks,

Luis

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
welcome to NESBA! I started doing track days with just an '85 f150 if you have a truck you can probably get away with just that for a while. if you don't have a truck that your bike will fit in then i see a lot of people who use U-hual trailers. you can also keep an eye on the ride share forum on here. you can't really depend on that though. you can also get single bike carriers that go into a hitch receiver.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! I'll be at that day, come look me up if you have any questions! You'll love the track, you can learn so much and become a better rider! Renting a U-Haul is a good option, just make sure there's sufficient tie down points. There have been some threads recently on tying down a bike.

LeMisVH

Hi Luis,
I rented a u-haul trailer on my first TD and it was fine.
Look forward to meeting you at the track. This is my first season as well, so we'll be in the same group. See you on the 15th!
Cheers,
Vincent

Pseudolus

Hey Luis,

Welcome! I'll be at NJMP that day too, using a U-haul trailer. My advice for what it's worth:

Rent the U-Haul 5X9 open trailer with ramp. Do not rent the dedicated "motorcycle trailer" as I think it's rated for 45 MPH max/in town rental (I travel 4 hours one way to NJMP). The 5X9 comes with two tie down points in front, two in back.

Get a chock if possible for the front wheel. I'm using a Baxley sport. Kind of expensive but cheaper than fixing your bike after it falls.

Additional details are in the below thread. The NESBA NATION helped me piece all of that together a few months back for my first track day so hopefully it helps.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=24637

lgeronimo

Valuable info Pseudolus, I'd rather be safe than sorry. And thanks to all for the warm welcome. Seems like 9/15 can't get here fast enough lol.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
borislav;253149 wrote: Vinny I'll be there on 14th and 15th so we can mix it up a little bit,what you say brother!?;)
Bo my man! Ooooh but of course...fun time for sure!