Nub greeting

Doublea

Greetings guys- 21 year old here in Rochester, NY... 7 months away from graduating with a Mechanical Engineering degree. Can't wait to get out and make money to fund racing addictions. I've been riding trails and mx since I was 8, got my first street bike (Ninja 250) when I got to college, then upgraded about a year and a half ago to an SV. Now that I'm getting closer to grad, and still have no idea where I'm going, I am getting rid of the SV650 to fund a race bike. Yes, I think I'm doing it right by not building the SV, I figure time and money will pay me back in the long run.

Back me up on this - road riding became boring after I had my first taste of the track (rental bike trackday out in Cali). I just don't find it all that fun anymore. Sure it's fuel efficient as a commute, but especially in a place with no canyons or even slight abundance of curvy roads, there is just no thrill for me if I'm not pushing my limits. Hence the need for a race/track bike. I am really hoping to squeeze into the last Nelson track day of the year (SBTT), but I guess I'm going to have to see if I have even acquired a bike by then. Great to be here, I know you guys are a pretty awesome community

Cheers-

Doublea

Here's my current machine, hopefully soon-to-be-cash-mobile:
7983433360_f8fb0eb72d_b.jpg

7983174856_ab2aab08ff_b.jpg

McCGsxr

Welcome to NESBA! I'd consider keeping the SV though.. I've heard nothing but good things about that bike, and even some of my more experienced friends say they wish they started on an SV since the bike teaches you so much about the art of riding the track. Just my .02 but again WELCOME!

Doublea

Oh I plan on getting an SV race bike, but it is going to be seriously more cost effective and time effective to sell this and buy one rather than track/race prep the one I have.