Octane

Snow

I don't know how I feel about this whole electric motorcycle, car, hybrid/ electric thing. Now a days you can't go up and down the street without seeing a hybrid or a fuel electric car. At work we recently got a new diesel hybrid/electric truck that you have to plug in over night so it can charge, and this is a large 60ft boom truck. Who knows, real soon we could be racing/ riding with electric motorcycles at the track. Me, I like octane, horsepower, flames coming out of exhaust when you chop the throttle, back fires, and the smell of burning fuel. I'm not looking forward to the days when your asked "What's the wattage of your bike?"

ERB68

Snow;44374 wrote: I don't know how I feel about this whole electric motorcycle, car, hybrid/ electric thing. Now a days you can't go up and down the street without seeing a hybrid or a fuel electric car. At work we recently got a new diesel hybrid/electric truck that you have to plug in over night so it can charge, and this is a large 60ft boom truck. Who knows, real soon we could be racing/ riding with electric motorcycles at the track. Me, I like octane, horsepower, flames coming out of exhaust when you chop the throttle, back fires, and the smell of burning fuel. I'm not looking forward to the days when your asked "What's the wattage of your bike?"

+1
I couldn't agree more!

dmb367

I'm excited for the torque curve of an electric motor

not excited for the loss of the nostalgic smell, sounds, etc.

TheGrouch

Electric bikes will be the shiznit, IMO. It negates the whole noise/pollution argument for those folks looking to close public riding grounds or fight a track opening in their area.

crewnutz

the Isle of Man is hosting a race at the TT this year............the TTXGP

it is being run in conjunction with the normal TT races............should be interesting

not sure how many entrants they have yet but it will be for alternative fuel source motorcycles Only