Old and New Second Question

late rider

OK. Thanks for the gear advice and the nice welcomes.

Second question (and 3rd and 4th): I need to find a good suspension guy or gal to get the R1 set up properly. At the same time, I need a rebuild on the rear Ohlin. And, any advice on tire sources would be good. My intention is to take off the track slicks - they look pretty melted anyway - and replace them with two Pirelli Corsa 3s - combo sorta tire. I don't have tire warmers and I don't think I'll be smokin' anytime soon.

Not looking for the cheapest but will accept the cheapest if it's also the best. Thanks in advance.

Folly1

Ohlins USA is located in Hendersonville, NC. I am sure they can do the rebuild, or recommend someone. Set up is a different issue. It is a black art. I have read all of the books and have the "on the throttle DVD's. I still need a lot of help. I would contact Kent at GMD in Atlanta and find out when he is going to be at a track near you. He often seems to go to VIR. If you are riding a track day where he is, he can do a basic set up and then you bring it in for minor adjustments, if you know enough to give him the feed back on what it is doing.
The On The Throttle DVD's are worth the $ and may give you all the info you need to do it your self.

Good luck.

Ben.

late rider

Folly1;70608 wrote: Ohlins USA is located in Hendersonville, NC. I am sure they can do the rebuild, or recommend someone. Set up is a different issue. It is a black art. I have read all of the books and have the "on the throttle DVD's. I still need a lot of help. I would contact Kent at GMD in Atlanta and find out when he is going to be at a track near you. He often seems to go to VIR. If you are riding a track day where he is, he can do a basic set up and then you bring it in for minor adjustments, if you know enough to give him the feed back on what it is doing.
The On The Throttle DVD's are worth the $ and may give you all the info you need to do it your self.

Good luck.

Ben.
Jeez, huge help. I'll do a little feedback on all this when it's done.

Thanks.