Old rider, new to NESBA from VA

skwidrific

I had such a blast at the Coleman Powersports/NESBA/Yamaha track day that I thought I would go ahead and become a member. I'm currently looking at the possibility of BeaveRun this Sunday and Summit Main on Monday.

Intermediate was a fun group. This was me in the carousel: (I still need to work on my body position, but not bad after 7 years of being away from the track.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! Yup, get your head lower, where your mirror should be, outside arm should rest across the tank. Glad you had a great time! If you make it out to the Beave, stop by and say hello, I'll be there.:)

skwidrific

Fun was definitely had... Also had a blast at the Beaverun day, but I was defiitely fooling myself thinking that I could do Beaverun and Summit the very next day. I had forgotten how demanding Beaverun can be (not to mention how out-of-shape I've gotten in the past 7 years, but I don't really wanna talk about that). My wife and I got on the road at a decent hour that Sunday evening, but ended up getting home to NoVa around 11:30ish. There was no waking up at 5 the next morning to get to Summit by 7 for THIS guy... I slept like a rock until about 10am or so...

There's another Coleman Powersports/NESBA/Yamaha day coming up on the 26th... I'll be there for sure!

BTW, sorry I didn't really venture out to socialize with anyone... My brother and sister came out to hang, so we all pretty much stuck together for the day. It was good times though...

Kruizen

Control Rider
Glad you had fun, was at beaver both Saturday & Sunday then down to summit. Was a great combo.

Going to be up at summit for the 25/26, is the 26th going to be another sponsored day????? There were a lot of people there part time.

I'll have the blue ram with the weekend warrior toy hauler and of course the Buell.

skwidrific

Yea, I think I saw you run in A group from the observation deck... Are your colors red white and blue? I KNOW I heard you... lol...

The 26th is another group effort with Coleman Powersports, NESBA, and Yamaha... 25th is all NESBA, I believe. I work for Coleman Powersports, so it'll be a "work day" for me :)

Williamsburg, VA huh? I grew up there... How long have you lived there?

Kruizen

Control Rider
Been here 8 years. Colors are Blue and white. There was a red Xb running that day also.
What part of no va? Was up there years ago, lived in Alexandria and worked in Reston, wife worked in crystal city.

skwidrific

Live in Centreville now. Lived all over NoVa over the past 20 years: Fort Hunt area, Del Ray, Old Town, Arlington and Reston.

Grew up in Indigo Park off of Route 5 in the Burg... It was a cool place back then... Nothing but miles of woods behind my house at that time...