Oldbie / Newbie from Illinois

garydmx29

Greetings,
Just joined NESBA yesterday. I'm totally stoked with sport riding and love watching the Super Bikes and MotoGP. I've raced MX for over 30 years and thought it is good time to start riding on a paved track. Bought a Kawi ZX6R just last November, already added frame sliders, got a fender eliminator. Bike will be sharing on and off track duties for now. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I live 30 miles west of the Windy City and the closest tracks are Blackhawk Farm and Road America. Take care.

DFlowe

Welcome to the addiction Gary. You will find a good many Motocrossers and off-roaders here. Many still participate in that stuff as it helps to keep them sharp in many areas. As a motocrosser, I kept my feet on the pegs as much as possible. After 5 years of road bikes, when I have a knee touch down now, I still by instinct pull it up and out of the way. Some of those old habits are hard to break.

Enjoy yourself,

garydmx29

Thanks Everyone. It sure would be nice to have a bunch of bikes for doing different types of riding but money, room in the garage and time to get 'er done always dictates what I have. When I finally grow up and quit this working habit I'm going to have several bikes more . ;-)