Pirelli Superbike Pro Slick sidewall cracks?

BigBird

lbsaxman;211214 wrote: I just sent my rear back to sportbiketrackgear for that exact same thing , apparently it is a manufacturing problem .. I wouldnt ride them like that . they had no problem exchanging it for another
That's awesome that they did that...some would say ride it, its not problem...

ummm if there is a crack in my tire, i would not ride it...(even at my snail pace)

lbsaxman

Control Rider
they asked me to take some photo's and send them , as soon as they got them they told me that a tire was on its way to me and to stick the bad tire in that box and send it back postage free ... I was pretty impressed ... It took about 2 days to get to me from the time i called ....

Boostenmkiv

lbsaxman;211478 wrote: they asked me to take some photo's and send them , as soon as they got them they told me that a tire was on its way to me and to stick the bad tire in that box and send it back postage free ... I was pretty impressed ... It took about 2 days to get to me from the time i called ....
Wow, apparently I should have bought my tires from a 3rd party internet store, my local "east cost distributor" isn't doing anything for me other than sending the tire to pirelli for warranty and says it will take "weeks". Meanwhile I've missed a planned track day, spent money for unmounting the tire, shipping the tire, and now bought another set of tires so I don't miss more planned track days!

JOWEE

STG has always been good to me, I have had issues come up from time to time and they have always taken care of it. I just got a superbike pro from them and after reading this I went and inspected the tire closely, it looks ok so far. We will have to see what happens this weekend, it will be the first time I will ride on it. I have a buddy that runs them and he loves them, he has about a dozen trackdays on them and he runs 1:19's at bhf. Im hoping I can get a few more days than usual out of them.

j_fuggin_t

if it was on the side wall id run it, the tread surface thats a different story, mine cracked accross the patch where you get the most lean angle LOL, i would measure it with a feeler gauge and see how deep it really is

Boostenmkiv

j_fuggin_t;211561 wrote: if it was on the side wall id run it, the tread surface thats a different story, mine cracked accross the patch where you get the most lean angle LOL, i would measure it with a feeler gauge and see how deep it really is
When I noticed mine, I didn't want to risk another lap, my pirelli rep said the tire would have been perfectly fine to run.