Puma leathers

snikwad

Puma is following in Alpinestars' bootprints and expanding into ever more sections of the bike market – and having had some success with its boots, in 2009 it's making an assault on the established names in leathers. In fact the new suits are to be made by Dainese, although the designs are unique to the Puma brand. Info is pretty limited at the moment, but expect 1.3mm hide and all the usual armour, plus metal and plastic outer shields on the shoulders.

2440-art.jpg

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
looks a little to "stylin'" for me...whats up with that piece coming up under the arms to the neck?

snikwad

dunno, its not even on puma's website, so that the only pic i have.

It looks similar to Dainese's new model tho, they might share technology.

Id be more willing to try these over the suomy suits.

hank

lemondrop;37222 wrote: looks a little to "stylin'" for me...whats up with that piece coming up under the arms to the neck?
Probably bunched-up leather with elastic sewn to the back - it allows stretch/expansion while still providing the same leather protection as the rest of the suit... and yes, it works.

Bluenvy

snikwad;37223 wrote: dunno, its not even on puma's website, so that the only pic i have.

It looks similar to Dainese's new model tho, they might share technology.

Id be more willing to try these over the suomy suits.
when did suomy start making suits?

nevermind i googled it, never knew they made suits

snikwad

hell ive seen a ICON 1 pc in a magazine add, so who knows. id be more inclined to stick with the german brands tho, since theve been doing motorsports for waaaay longer.

Ruhe52

So far the award for the ugliest color scheme goes to new comer Puma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen S$#% with better color than that.

snikwad

^^ ahhaa, you know its NOT gonna be cheap, but im sure a A* replica or a Arlenn Ness suit will still cost more.