Question about Headlight Coverings

Keems06

Hey everyone, I'm looking at doing my first trackday at Blackhawk this summer and I just have a quick question about headlight coverings. I know most just use painters tape, however I was wondering if this kind of thing is track legal....

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=16720&cat=386&page=1

I could just keep that on all the time instead of redoing my tape job everytime I go to the track (I guess its not that hard, but I'm just curious). Thanks for helping out a newb.

Ruhe52

Yep just unplug the light or pull the fuse and you should be good to go. Don't forget your turn signals and tail light

Keems06

Awesome! Thanks guys. Anyone have advice on making some sort of "removable" number plate that can easily taken off and put back on between trackdays. My bike is also used on the street...for now. Thanks again

BonesDT

Not like painter's tape takes more than 5 mins (and that's if you're trimming it for looks), but these are pretty cool that you don't have to remove them for the street. I read a review that says these block a lot of the light though, so it may be a problem when riding at night.
http://www.motorcycle.com/products/envision-graphix-3574.html

NESBA only requires a number on the front or tail. So you can't beat masking tape.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Maybe tape the numbers above the headlight, extending onto the windscreen, if there's room? Trying to peel them off the headlight mesh probably will mess up the mesh. As mentioned, I think you can run with just the numbers on the tail, so that may be an option...

Keems06

Yeah that sounds like a good idea to me, I may just take the front upper fairing off, and wrap the mesh around the corners of the headlight. Maybe that will keep the numbers from coming off when I take them off. Otherwise I'll run with just numbers on the tail, that works too. Thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate it.