Quick Newbie Question

rd400racer

OK, I'm trying to sign up right now (new member and trackday cost) for Putnam, and under the question of bike and bike number....what happens if I'm bringing 3 bikes. Do I put the same number on all 3? My son is signing up too and he will be riding one of these bikes at some time. An answer to this question will let me finish registration.

Thanks

rd400racer

Perfect. Thanks.

Now for the number question. I'm bringing a 94 CBR900RR, an RZ350 and an MZ Skorpion. The Skorpion is race ready, but the other 2 are basically streetbikes. How do I apply the numbers to the front section of the bike (I will be taping over headlights)? I'm used to fixing up racebikes, so sorry for the dumb questions. As you can tell I'm a vintage bike racer.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
You can stick them on top of the tape over the headlights. You could purchase some of those 5 or 6 inch mx numbers, or you could simply make them out of electrical tape or something. If you'll be doing trackdays often and don't want to keep buying or making numbers you could try what I used to do when my bike was used for street and track: I cut a "number plate" out of white vinyl that I cut to fit over the headlight. Then I stuck the numbers on that. After taping the headlight, I just taped my number plate over it, around all the edges. That way I could remove and reuse it.

rd400racer

I'm just trying to figure out how it will work with old school double headlights. As you can see, I have a thing for bikes with round headlights....

008-2.jpg

One other minor question. I signed up and then went to sign my son up and it comes up under my name (and Account) .Do I need to open his own account under his name etc.?