Race Report: WERA Grand National Finals @ Road A!

626suzuki

I seen you go by us on sunday for ya first race. It looked like you had been playing in a mud hole.:D Glad to see you was good after that. It was the first time Ive seen ya race and I must say yall are F N FAST!!

rk97

626suzuki;89250 wrote: I must say yall are F N FAST!!
it never stops being impressive either (at least not until you catch up!). I was comparing my lap times at Nelson to Katie's, and on paper, the idea of getting up to that pace is just unreal.

My only consolation is, "1:45.5 was (her) best at the GNF last year" and she got "down to 1:36.4" this year.

so it's possible to drop 9 seconds a lap in a year. Not easy, but possible :p

Jiggy

Control Rider
rk97;89308 wrote:
My only consolation is, "1:45.5 was (her) best at the GNF last year" and she got "down to 1:36.4" this year.

So at that pace of improvement, in 11years and 7months she will be running 1second lap times at the GNF, great.....friggen great. There will be no shot at winning it.

Congrats on the finishes Nesbians.

626suzuki

rk97;89308 wrote: it never stops being impressive either (at least not until you catch up!). I was comparing my lap times at Nelson to Katie's, and on paper, the idea of getting up to that pace is just unreal.

Wow I've only been there once(on the track) before and couldn't break a 55. Its OK I'll get my money rite one day and do some wera time. Oh and how crazy does that shit look when yall come under the suzuki bridge on one wheel. F#*kers keep it up and I'll keep coming to:popcorn: watch.

Katie785

I gained most of my speed by running with NESBA there in July. Got a lot of help from DJ and Derick so when i came back for the finals I just had to learn the chicane.

In july I was running 37s (without the chicane) so I did drop a few seconds from there, but most of it was at the track day.

mperussault

Ra gnf

Congratulations Katie, you are getting faster and faster by the day. (Sorry to see your wiped it out in one of you race).

Also congrats. to Lanny Long for getting a 2nd. place in the Senior Mediumweight Novice class while I managed a 6th. place finish.

And thanks to NESBA for training us all!!!!!!

Michel.

Coyote1

Thanks for the kind words Michel. Nice Job Katy. There were three of us riding together during the national on Sunday which was a lot of fun. You went off a little after the chicane and I came down beside you but you were back on the gas. The big difference was pulling onto the back straight....I could tell your R6 must have had a top end refresh.
Any how...I had a good time chasing you in B superstock as well.

Also Congrats to Michel as he had a great WERA season as well.

Major "Lanny" Long
#391 08 R6
1st Southeast Senior MW
2nd GNF Senior MW

Katie785

ahhh that was YOU that showed me a wheel for a bit there.. LOL.. i was having issues there all weekend.. just cant find the right line.. you werent the same guy that ran into the back of me are in the chicane are you?

Coyote1

No that was not me....I had a front seat to it all. I believe that was Matthew P. The two of you pulled a second or two and began to have your own battle. Lot's of fun....now it's time to get the bike in shape over the winter and get ready for another season.