Race writeup from AMA Heartland Park

Bucky Badger

Slowninja;75070 wrote: If you don't mind me asking, how much does a typical AMA weekend cost? I can imagine getting there and tires are pricy but what are the entry fees like?
If your conservative with your resources....and I mean...REALLY conservative you can get it done for about $3000. If you did it right....$7000+

ronhix

Slowninja;75070 wrote: If you don't mind me asking, how much does a typical AMA weekend cost? I can imagine getting there and tires are pricy but what are the entry fees like?
It is ridiculous, we'll let's just leave it at that. Depressing to actually crunch the numbers.

Slowninja

Bucky Badger;75076 wrote: If your conservative with your resources....and I mean...REALLY conservative you can get it done for about $3000. If you did it right....$7000+
$3,000 in entry fees? I can understands the costs of bike maint, tires, transportation... just wondering what it actually costs to race. Also i think i read they pay out for 20th place and up? What kind of payouts are you looking at?

Bucky Badger

Slowninja;75116 wrote: $3,000 in entry fees? I can understands the costs of bike maint, tires, transportation... just wondering what it actually costs to race. Also i think i read they pay out for 20th place and up? What kind of payouts are you looking at?

Ron can chime in with the entry fee amount...I believe its $250 though.

They do pay out to 20th...I will let Ron tell you all about that :banghead::argh:

Slowninja

Bucky Badger;75118 wrote: Ron can chime in with the entry fee amount...I believe its $250 though.

They do pay out to 20th...I will let Ron tell you all about that :banghead::argh:
It's no big deal if it's a private matter. Just curious what it would take. My brother and i always talked about forming a racing team. I better make it to my first track day first though:doh: I've got a 10 year old bike and a 235 lb fat arse, i won't be racing any time soon:haha:

rk97

ZLTFUL;75039 wrote: Hey Ron, what if some of us were willing to donate some cash to your cause? Think you could manage another round if enough people chipped in?
I would happily donate what I can because, honestly man, yer living our dream for us brother.!
I've thought about this as well, although at the time, it was more like "what if 4 of us got together and bought Hix a set of slicks?"

in retrospect, compounds are kind of a personal choice, so I understand if straight donations are preferable.

I'd pay $20 for a Hix racing t-shirt if anyone can get that done (as a fund raiser).

ronhix

rk97;75338 wrote: I've thought about this as well, although at the time, it was more like "what if 4 of us got together and bought Hix a set of slicks?"

in retrospect, compounds are kind of a personal choice, so I understand if straight donations are preferable.

I'd pay $20 for a Hix racing t-shirt if anyone can get that done (as a fund raiser).
Yeah, I hear ya.

I'd like to make it possible for some of you who are interested in helping to be able to join us for next year's race effort. In truth, it is really humbling that some of you would actually give hard earned money to help me.

We will try to come up with a way to make this possible next year. Perhaps have a place on the bike for all our firends that threw in a little dough to help? Not really sure how it would work right now, but we need to come up with something.

I believe that with a little help from our friends, we may could do a full season next year. :)

rk97

ronhix;75531 wrote: Perhaps have a place on the bike for all our firends that threw in a little dough to help?
that'd be cool, but I personally wouldn't feel slighted if it's not possible. Space on the bike is at a premium. Take care of the sponsors first. Now if you create a 'friends of Hix Racing' page on your site, then all you've got to do is list that web URL on the bike, and post everyone's names online (if they want them there). hixracing.com/friends, or something. even a link to a Hix Racing facebook page might work.

ronhix;75531 wrote:

I believe that with a little help from our friends, we may could do a full season next year. :)
that would be sweet. more excuses to wear a Hix Racing t-shirt!