Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC

crazylu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyBYX91Z_yY
it's crazy
Early into the video, at the 26 second mark, the cyclists are seen slowing down in front of the Range Rover and coming to a stop after the SUV collides with one of the cyclists. Moments later, the Range Rover is seen plowing through several of the stopped cyclists and speeding off. The cyclists are then seen chasing after the SUV along Henry Hudson Parkway, cutting off the driver just before the exit ramp for the Cross Bronx Expressway and other local roads at the five minute mark of the video.

andykurz

I prefer track days due to the lack of Range Rovers.

Provoking a 5000lb vehicle while on a bike, :dunno:

Everyone in this video is at fault. Deplorable. Could have been a lot worse.

bluers

I saw this on my Subaru forum. I agree- everybody here was at fault. The bikers acted the way a lot of them are expected to act and it gives all sportbikes a bad name.

avizpls

#11-A
andykurz;290297 wrote:
Provoking a 5000lb vehicle while on a bike, :dunno:

Everyone in this video is at fault. Deplorable. Could have been a lot worse.
THIS. Its the mob-mentality of the motorcyclists. We see the bike who came in front of him, looked back and slowed abruptly. I can only imagine the driver, who reports say had his wife and child in the Rover with him, was quite frightened of the retaliation coming his way when the bikers began approaching. Put yourself in his seat and its easy to see how he may have made the decision that he was protecting his family and his own life. Lethal force status: Justified. :dunno:

Meat

GixerEd1;290315 wrote: Menacing bikers + suv fearful for his life and lives of wife and child = SELF DEFENSE!
^ +1,000,000 !!!!!

Did you see that they released more of the guy's video where it shows a guy in a Honda (civic or accord ) pulls a gun on the camera man after the group of bikers were harassing him. Pretty perceptive of the Honda driver. Of course the Honda driver has already been arrested.

ceptorman

devildogae;290344 wrote: Agreed, they totally provoked this, why?
It's happening all over the country. A huge group of bikers will slow down traffic and eventually stop on a highway, just to showcase their wheelie and stunt show. If the cops show up they just run, the cops might catch one of them. In this case, the cops made quit a few arrest so far, mostly bikers, and will probably arrest more. It's a mob mentality, makes me sick.

rk97

How are you guys formulating such strong opinions on who was at fault without knowing what happened before the video clip begins?

I'm in agreement that the riders shouldn't have approached the vehicle or tried to box it in, but for all we know the Rover driver did something highly illegal that warranted police involvement before anyone on a bike made a bonehead move.

That's probably not how it happened, but I don't know, and I don't expect anyone else here does either. The video will provide evidence to convict a few of the riders for minor offenses, but I'd like to think there is a rational explanation for their actions. I'd LIKE to think that... It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Lots of stupid in that vid

Control Rider
N2
The news articles provide some more details about what actually happened.
This group of bikers had been harassing people all day long. Apparently they do this each year, eventually arriving in Times Square to shut it down and harass the public with an illegal stunt show. You know, to show off their skillz..

The SUV had been kicked, the windows pounded on, and a mirror "removed" by the group prior to the incident. The rider that brake checked the SUV should receive a Darwin Award.
After the "accident" the mob surrounded the vehicle which was occupied buy a man, his wife, and young child. They kicked the SUV, broke the rear right window, spiked the tires, tried to gain access, and threatened to injure the driver. He then acted in self defense to protect his family.

After the incident, half of the biker group showed up at NJMP to ride this past weekend.

Control Rider
N2
Also, the SUV driver has not been charged... The bikers have been. Couple of arrests so far, more to come.

andykurz

R9935th;290384 wrote: After the incident, half of the biker group showed up at NJMP to ride this past weekend. All came with printed versions of the riders manual, breezed through tech, and never requested a bump. Lap times at TBolt were low thirties.
You left out some important details. Fixed.

betarace

DZUM does not approve
mvhvza.jpg

SevenT6Vet

I would have plowed over every S.O.B biker there. I've been in similar situations on I-64 east near Williamsburg where a group of bikers stopped traffic to do wheelies and almost caused accidents. One almost wrecked in front of me.

One of the idiot bikers already has a facebook page for "justice for xyz" while he is in the hospital. The page is flooded with hate messages, as it should be. I hope he rots as a paraplegic. The SUV driver's wife and 2 month old kid has to watch him get dragged out and beaten.