Red Line Coolant Allowed?

JGardy_781

JeremyGSU;53724 wrote: I saw in the manual that Engine Ice and Evans Type Coolants are not allowed at Nesba track days but I don't know what Evans stuff is.

Is this allowed?

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=RED_80205_G

This is what I'm currently running and Jennings allows it. Just curious if Nesba does too.

Thanks.
As long as you're using that, with no coolant mixed in, you're fine.

FWIW, you can just buy little bottles of water wetter to mix with plain distilled water ($1-$2 a gallon at a grocery store) and get the same result, a bunch cheaper.

JeremyGSU

JGardy_781;53727 wrote: As long as you're using that, with no coolant mixed in, you're fine.

FWIW, you can just buy little bottles of water wetter to mix with plain distilled water ($1-$2 a gallon at a grocery store) and get the same result, a bunch cheaper.
Cool! Thanks for the reply! Can't wait for Road Atlanta!

ta2kutz

yeah i wouldnt be sure about that stuff though. i wonder if its just bottled water wetter and water already mixed.

JGardy_781

ta2kutz;53756 wrote: yeah i wouldnt be sure about that stuff though. i wonder if its just bottled water wetter and water already mixed.

The linked product is a $20 gallon of distilled water and a few ounces of water wetter pre-mixed in.

Quoted from the ad the OP posted:

"Blended with deionized/purified water and WaterWetter"

"Note: This product does not contain antifreeze. Use with a long-life antifreeze if freezing temperatures are to be encountered.
" (red color from the linked page)