Review of PCW brake lever guard

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I wanted to post up a review of the Performance Cycleworx brake lever guard that I recently installed and have been trying out on my SV. See the link below for pics of the install and a pic of it on the bike while riding.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105105639591882570241/albums/5904336046060499009

The install is very simple and only took a few minutes. I only had to remove the existing end cap from the handle bar, press the new insert into the bar end and bolt the lever guard in place. I had to adjust my brake lever a bit to make sure that there was enough clearance for the brake lever to operate normally but there was no issue.

I have used this guard at the track 3 times so far and I am very impressed. The quality is excellent. Very light weight carbon fiber molded around what I am assuming is an aluminum support rod. This is also very well designed in that I don’t even notice it while riding. It allows me to slide my hand down the grip as much as I want without getting in the way.

I have been adding a brake lever guard on all of my track bikes as standard since I feel it is a cheap and simple way to prevent incidental contact with the brake lever. I realize that it should be unlikely that there should be any contact like this at a track day but there is a reason, and a very good one, that we are starting to see these on most AMA, SBK and MotoGP bikes. It’s just like any other piece of preventative gear we invest in. Hopefully it’s something that I will never need but I feel better having it.

I can’t speak for any specifics about the product construction process, price or availability, but if you contact Chuck at PCW I’m sure he would be able to help you out. Great guy, great service, great product!

avizpls

#11-A
047_1024x1024.jpg

the part in question. double-grips not required for use of lever guard :0

Lonewrench

A.J. Thanks for the great review and pics, PM me with your shirt size and addy you just got a free PCW T-shirt :adore:

Ruhe52

You actually have to buy product to get a shirt.
Nice review AJ

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Lonewrench;291779 wrote: A.J. Thanks for the great review and pics, PM me with your shirt size and addy you just got a free PCW T-shirt :adore:
No problem and thanks for the shirt! I just sent you a PM. I'll actually be down at VIR this coming weekend so I can catch you there. Oh yeah, size Large please :D