Rider number

Chriscross19

If I am pre registered to “try the track” do I need a number? I have looked at the my account section of the N2 website and don’t see that I am assigned one.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Just checked the manual to make sure I had it right so I didn't tell you wrong...

Manual: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/N2-Riders-Manual-2018.pdf

From page 17:

• Bike numbers can be displayed either on the front or sides of the tail section, or on both; at least 6 inches high with no special background required (Intro excluded)

So as stated you do not need a number for Try the Track. However I would say that a high % of people who Try the Track choose to sign up for the rest of the day and if you do at that point you would need a number. So my recommendation would be to just put one on your bike ahead of time. As Tom said, blue painters tape works well for a temporary number.

You can update the number yourself in your account prior to the event or at registration (if you choose to stay for the whole day) of the event they will ask you to pick one and they will update the system. It is preferred that you do it in advance...one less thing to have to mess with at the track.

N2 does not assign numbers, you can pick your own number between 10 and 999. Don't worry if you have a duplicate of another rider, a lot of people have the same number.