road america registration?

lil_j

hey everyone, I've been on this site for a while now always looking for good deals on gear but now I have a reason to introduce myself. My name is Tim, I ride a 2005 R6, live in germantown WI, and I'm looking into doing my first track day sometime this summer and this is where I need your help!

I was thinking about trying blackhawk farms in july but I hear the turn 1 and turn 7 repaves have gone south and that worries me a little bit. I would LOVE to do my first track day at Road America (home track, took a skip barber course there as well) but I can not for the life of me figure out where/who to sign up with? A quick search hinted at NESBA hosting track days memorial day weekend and sometime in august, is this true? if it is where can I sign up for a track day? any answers or leads to the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Corsair

I have bad news for you:

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=22948

Check around with other organizations to try and get your track day fix in the Midwest region this year. I live in Appleton and have 40 minutes of RA under my belt on my RC51 (that was my intro ride) and a full day of BHF with Motovid on a friend's '02 GSXR 750 full track bike. That all took place last year and after Nesba canceled Midwest schedules that sort of kept me off the track for 2012, as I was primarily interested in riding with them.

Check some other threads for info on who else to ride with this year.

some guy #2

STT is headed to RA this Monday and Tuesday. I know another group is there for a one day event (Zalusky or something like that). I might be racing at BHF in a week and I've heard the patches aren't' perfect but do not alter the line any or cause any issues.

jonw189

lil_j;243451 wrote: hey everyone, I've been on this site for a while now always looking for good deals on gear but now I have a reason to introduce myself. My name is Tim, I ride a 2005 R6, live in germantown WI, and I'm looking into doing my first track day sometime this summer and this is where I need your help!

I was thinking about trying blackhawk farms in july but I hear the turn 1 and turn 7 repaves have gone south and that worries me a little bit. I would LOVE to do my first track day at Road America (home track, took a skip barber course there as well) but I can not for the life of me figure out where/who to sign up with? A quick search hinted at NESBA hosting track days memorial day weekend and sometime in august, is this true? if it is where can I sign up for a track day? any answers or leads to the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
For your first trackday, BHF is perfect for you. The patches are just fine, they are just outside the desired racing line. On top of that, the rips are still very grippy and not very bumpy. Again, its your first track day and you won't be going fast enough to even notice them. Check out www.motovid.com They have a bunch of trackdays during the week throughout the summer.

Fritz

The STT RA date has been moved to mid July. I just rode BHF this past Wed and the patches are not an issue.

some guy #2

Derick;243497 wrote: not anymore
Well shiver me timbers. Maybe they dropped the rate since they moved it out. That's a real wallet pounder at a track I don't even care for that much.

ridngsxrs

Welcome to the wallet emptying addiction! Road America this year is only through Zalusky Advance Riding school (ZARS) which was this past Monday and Sportbike track time July 16th-17th. STT originally had it scheduled this week but was moved to July. Bewarned, Road America is the most expensive track on the schedule!

lil_j

wow, awesome info guys exactly what i was looking for, thank you all!!

ridngsxrs;243562 wrote: Welcome to the wallet emptying addiction! Road America this year is only through Zalusky Advance Riding school (ZARS) which was this past Monday and Sportbike track time July 16th-17th. STT originally had it scheduled this week but was moved to July. Bewarned, Road America is the most expensive track on the schedule!
I see that! The price I think is gonna force me to go to BHF which still isnt bad