Road Atlanta July 1/2

Bobean

I thought I would start a thread and thank the guys at N2 for putting on an exciting event. It was my first track day and it was certainly a learning experience. As most people I was excited and somewhat intimidated to hit the track. Once we got on and got rolling around the corners it was a blast. There’s just so much to learn and there’s a tremendous amount of experience in the coaching team. Absolutely do a track walk would be my first recommendation. What was shared during that by the coaching team was truly eye opening.

Overall it was hot and we were unlucky enough to have several crashes in our sessions which cut them short. I hope all the riders are ok and not banged up too much.

My wife was watching and videoing when the second one occurred Sunday and caught the video of the rider going straight at speed off the edge rather than making the right. Looked like he held speed way past the braking point and target fixated. She missed the tumble on video as she lifted off the camera watching. She said bike and rider both spent a fair amount of time tumble in air.

Second take away, don’t bring your wife to these events if you really want to ride. Previous paragraph leads to the conclusion. We ended up leaving a bit early.

Anyway, it would be great to get an update on the riders.

Thanks again and tires down and helmet up!

Momento Mori