Rolex sportscars @ NJMP T'bolt

rk97

anyone watch the GT and Prototype classes at thunderbolt on SPEED?

I don't know when it originally aired, but I caught it while working out at lunch today. I don't have a ton of interest in the series, but seeing the track on tv AFTER having ridden it was kind of cool.

first of all, it was pouring rain. the prototype leader was still running 1:33's with the 2nd chicane... (thank got i didn't run a lap timer there)

but the biggest thing i noticed is how small the hill between T3 and T4 looks on TV! it's barely a slight rise, and that thing throws bikes' front wheels up in the air. crazy.

ta2kutz

they started running the 2nd chicane for the series there cause last year a few cars were starting to get airborn. and one almost came down on another.....

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
oooo shite!!!

i just watched AMA at Road Atlanta and the elevation changes looked HUGE!!! if you say that the little hill between T3/4 didnt look big...i cannot wait to see RA..

on a side note: anybody else notice the commercial for Barber and how to buy tickets...considering the barber race was near over by the time Speed ran the Road Atlanta AMA...?? WTF Speed....

Pavrock

I actually got soaked to the bone watching from T6/7. It was pretty sick to see how well the cars hooked up despite all the rain. No one seemed to get too far out of shape while on the gas. Very good throttle control or perhaps traction control. There was some seriously fast GT cars keeping pace with the DP's. All in all, pretty impressive. Could have done with less full course cautions though.

jsin38

A certain Scott Russell runs in the prototype class. Glad to see him still involved in motorsports.

I try to watch any racing event from the tracks on the NESBA schedule. I think it helps to get any exposure to a track - even if it's a rainy day in a sports car.

CMS

No traction control in Rolex series, spec ECU makes sure it can't happen. All that throttle control was due to driving talent. It was a VERY wet race! Cool to see.