Roll Call...NJMP 23 June 2014

Shinobi

I was so impressed with N2. I have learned volumes on the boards so it comes as no surprise that the real thing was gold. Unfortunately, I sat the day out due to a gas tank leak. Lord knows that could have been prevented had I checked it with a full tank before the TD : (

Got a full credit which is really cool, just wish we were up at NJMP before August. Cmon guys cant we scare up a Lightning or TBolt day before August 2nd? I know i know easier said then done. The YCRS sampler class was excellent and its great to be coming up in the information age of racing.

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

andykurz

Vin, I saw Ray taking a few pics when the bike was up on the trailer. It was pic-worthy for sure. It's scary when anyone crashes there, it's a fast part of the track. Glad I saw you before I saw the bike.

For the folks in I group, here was the video of the first session incident. First non-yellow lap of the first session...

jump to 8:50:

Videos from the other session are all up in my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd-9u1WkS6ZW1g1SZcwMQjQ

gunther19820

Its amazing how easy your video makes it look.... every time through the fishook hook and the left that follows it i totally effed up.

sv650

Kendall
Huh, interesting to see the video. I was on the other side of the track when the lap 1 accident happened.

Speaking of cones and the fishook, I just about overcooked that corner in the afternoon. The turn in cone that was after the green pit-in cone disappeared mid-day... I guess I should start using non-movable reference points.

gunther19820

SV you have no idea how good your bike sounds from the top of the tower as you are going down the straight. I have a few friends in I, was up there watching them...

sv650

Kendall
SV you have no idea how good your bike sounds from the top of the tower as you are going down the straight. I have a few friends in I, was up there watching them...

Haha thanks, I've always been curious how it sounds since I put my new exhaust on

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Huh, interesting to see the video. I was on the other side of the track when the lap 1 accident happened.

Speaking of cones and the fishook, I just about overcooked that corner in the afternoon. The turn in cone that was after the green pit-in cone disappeared mid-day... I guess I should start using non-movable reference points.
The cones are there as a beginning reference point and you will need to adjust accordingly to a permanent spot as your pace picks up. I found moving my turn in point for the fishhook to the inside of the turn helps with the flow of that corner into the bowl. Hope this helps.

sv650

Kendall
The cones are there as a beginning reference point and you will need to adjust accordingly to a permanent spot as your pace picks up. I found moving my turn in point for the fishhook to the inside of the turn helps with the flow of that corner into the bowl. Hope this helps.

I've been wondering about that. I found a few permanent points but I find myself using cones especially for brake markers after the straights... I assume the spacing of the cones is not the same every track day.

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
A lot of tracks have painted marks on the asphalt to help with cone placement but they're only approximate because cars and bikes might have different turn in, apex and exit points. An important point to remember is that cones are only reference points and you'll need to adjust your line based on differences in your speed, characteristics of your bike and your riding style. You don't want to get so dependent on cones that you get messed up when there aren't any ..... because that will happen occasionally.

There were bikes running on Tbolt all weekend and Monday but the cones were not in the same place all three days. A different org had the track on Sunday and they moved the cones we set on Saturday. We made a few cone adjustments during the day on Monday to replace a few missing cones and get others closer to how we had them on Saturday but I can promise you that we'll have them in good spots all weekend for the N2 airfence fundraiser August 2 & 3.

Hope everyone can make it to the N2 Fundraiser .... it raises funds for a very good cause and we're planning on throwing a great party for the whole family!

trekuhl

Control Rider
this is how you wheelie vinny :D

13.jpg