Sad Day.

HECK3086

Well I just signed up to this forum 24 hrs ago with the excitement of my first track day.

Within the 24 hrs, I made the decision that I was going to sign up for a membership and attend multiple track days.

Well what the hell, my fawking bike was stolen from my residence this morning at 2:07 am EST, while I was at work. The sad part is I was getting ready to re enroll the insurance as I was going to start riding as the weather was getting nice.

I'm so numb, I feel violated, betrayed, heartbroken, and alot of other things. I live in a township where this is little to no crime, and I don't know how or if a neighbor was watching and told their friends, someone followed me home.

Now I don't know what to do, I was getting ready to buy leathers and all and now I have no bike.

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE THIS IS VERY SERIOUS!

BIKE INFO
2007 Yamaha R6

VIN #:JYARJ12E87AO22797

IMG_0484.jpg

Meat

That totally blows. When I was in a smaller garage, I burried my track bike in the back and had my BMW in the front. It is difficult to avoid getting your sportbike stolen, buy I try as much as I can.

Really so sorry to hear your bike got stolen. When you save up the money, an SV650 is a fantastic track bike and are pretty cheap.

Blaise

How did you know it was stolen at 2:07AM?

I'm calling april fools for now. Otherwise, I'd count this as a blessing... you'll be able to get something a little older, less expensive, and more track prepped!

HECK3086

Blaise;44418 wrote: How did you know it was stolen at 2:07AM?

I'm calling april fools for now. Otherwise, I'd count this as a blessing... you'll be able to get something a little older, less expensive, and more track prepped!
No April fool's man. My girl was home and she heard some comotion outside, didn't think much of it cuz she was breastfeeding at the time and when she looked out, the bike was missing. She called 911 at about 2:08 when she seen a white box truck turn the corner and put the lights on.

SHe didn't chase after the truck becuase of our son, but I guess I'm a idiot for thinking I would have jsut grabbed my 3 week old son and brought him along with no car seat and follow them to there final destination.

I'm so numb it's not even funny. I don't have insurance on it so I won't be getting anything in return!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
if you are in a small town....can always put the word out.....contact every local insurance company...search Craigslist for parts being sold and also the fleabay.....

rk97

what make and model bike?

I'm happy to keep an eye on CL for deals that are too good to be true... Between my brother and me, we'd probably cover all of Ohio for ya.

I wonder what squid will be dumb enough to roll down the street on Heck's bike in few weeks when the sun is out in Sinking Spring?!

BZ

Blaise

lemondrop;44441 wrote: or.....maybe someone is playing an April Fools joke on you.....??
That's actually what I was thinking on my way to work. Got a friend who would play a practical joke? It's a good day to do it on....

rk97

no practical joke should involve a police report...

now when my ex-gf printed up a fake letter from planned parenthood (with their logo, etc.) and handed me a very official-looking document saying her pregnancy test had come back positive, THAT was a good April fool's joke.

well wait... actually that SUCKED BALLS at the time, but now it's funny.

(this was on my 20th birthday btw)

HECK - i posted a pic of your bike on another forum I frequent and asked the PA members to keep an eye out. try to keep a positive attitude. a friend of mine used to say "every day is a good day; just to varying degrees." They took your bike, but your son and girlfriend weren't bothered by the thieves. Some days, perspective is all you've got.

ZxRegg6r

Hope you get your bike back. And da cops find those punk asses before you and your boys do. With your kid and wifey hate to see you go down for murder 1. Good luck. If you get her back Lo-Jack.

I've heard stories of car being hotwired and pulled back, pitbull guard dog immoblized and taken ,neihbor fence taken down, garage door broken into just to steal a damn bike. I've come to the realization "If they want it bad, they are gonna get it". Gunshot for those fools.
Sorry I just hate hear that shit.

Blaise

rk97;44493 wrote: I was just impressed that a 22-yr old wasn't making payments on a 2007 R6!
Not necessarily true. I know of people (even on this board) who have new bikes without insurance that they owe money on... but they were purchased with a Yamaha/Honda/etc credit card which allows them to hold the title and owe money, but not carry insurance.

I personally never canceled insurance, especially comprehensive, since it was cheap. For the month or so of winter when I didn't ride I always just dropped it to state minimums + comprehensive.